Instrument bezel detail

-

crash520

Reaction score
Guys, what Color is this area pointed out in red from the factory ? Silver or chrome?
Does anyone have any detailed pics of what should be what finish etc???
Are all the edges finished in chrome?

215B9B0B-04EB-41AA-A8AE-58ED189CF3DD.jpeg

I had mine done at Vacuum Ornametal, i believe its a plastic chrome process. Im sure someone else can give you a more positive response.. Rich

mine was a ralley dash bezel and glove box trim for a 70 Duster.. i think i paid around $600ish

The whole thing is vacuum-plated chrome, than the black areas are painted in. The lower flat area gets a light argent matt paint, but the part you have pointed out is shiny chrome. I had mine done at GCAR in Washington state. It's not cheap, but it looks factory fresh when done. GCAR can repair the radio area, which I see in yours is cut out.

Thanks for the great info fellas, as I’m in Australia the options to re plate are pretty much non existent so it’ll get the rattle can chrome treatment for now. Very much appreciate the responses guys, thanks again

google or youtube Alsa chrome in a can... i have not tried it and its pricey... possible option...Rich

Thanks for the great info fellas, as I’m in Australia the options to re plate are pretty much non existent so it’ll get the rattle can chrome treatment for now. Very much appreciate the responses guys, thanks again
Not sure if you've rattle canned your "chrome" areas yet, but wanted to give a couple ideas for paint. I tried several different brands and had ZERO luck...not even close to chrome finish. However, I finally found a couple of really decent ones. There's a guy on YouTube that test different paints, rattle can and airbrush. Revell Mirror Chrome and Spaz Stix Ultimate Mirror chrome had GREAT results. I had to order both, as none of the hobby shops in my area carried them. I haven't received the Revell yet but did try out the Spaz Stix. It turned out much better than any others I've tried, and I didn't even do the recommended prep...so I'm sure it'd be even better if I did. It's advised to use the Spaz Stix gloss black base for ultimate results...and by what I saw on YouTube, it's legit. I was even going to try airbrushing. This YouTube guy breaks open a Liquid Chrome pen and shoots it through his airbrush gun and it laid down nicely.
Like I said, I didnt prep this piece correctly, I just wanted to try it out.. This was just a test. I plan on doing it right, but as you can see it's really not too bad.
20230412_223652.jpg

20230412_231225.jpg

Thanks, I have just last night sprayed it with a chrome finish I purchased locally, I’m happy with what it is, I’ll get some pics up once final assembly is done
I did have to repair the radio facia, it had been hacked out previously so for now I’ve done a radio delete, if I buy a radio for it later on I can cut out the two windows carefully to suit

5190A1FE-92D2-4FDC-974B-AEA687AEB275.jpeg

E30DDA70-D94A-479B-AB8F-F04E006E837D.jpeg

5F17CDE5-6B45-40B3-8D21-C41B7661FB9E.jpeg

-
Back