Instrument Panel

-

Xstream_1

Reaction score
I know I have asked this once already but I really need some help before I break something! I am trying to remove my instrument panel, I have the bottom dash pad off and the panel just about out but there seems to be one more screw that I am missing ( it's really tight up in there ) I've taken one screw out of the heater controls, the one closest to the glovebox, but can't locate one on the other side. Does anyone have a picture of the backside? It's a 68 Cuda. Oh yea, I found the certicard stuffed up inside the dash as I was dismantling it. Spoke to the original owner's son last night. He lives only 45 miles from me, and will be sending pictures of the car when it was new!

Are you trying to remove the complete dash, or just the instrument cluster? And yes, there's always one more screw hidden somewhere that's almost impossible to find and certainly impossible to see! I'm not familiar with the 68 Cuda instrument cluster, but could there be a screw somewhere under the edge of your dash pad? I sold my 68 Cuda in about 79, and oldtimers disease has set in since then. :)

your almost there. there are 2 screws for the heater control.one closest to the glove box and one your looking for is on the other side of the controls.you may try removing your ash tray for some room.i had mine out so many times that after awhile you could do it blind folded.
terry

-
Back