Insurance

-

74 360 dart sport

Reaction score
I am looking at insurance for my Dart I looked into Hagerty what other insurance companies are there for our older cars what have you all found to be the best TIA

Search is friend on here. This subject has been talked about like 100 times.

Hit the search glass button, then you’ll see different ways to search..

ABC2428D-9E93-401E-BFC0-8A2D11D6076B.png

44133C4A-B571-4EE6-8DA1-6E122F3222B4.png

I am looking at insurance for my Dart I looked into Hagerty what other insurance companies are there for our older cars what have you all found to be the best TIA

Grundy's and/or Hagerty's is who I use. They use an Agreed Value (not book) for your vehicle, so make sure to take good photos of all 4 sides, interior, engine bay, and undercarriage. Notify them if you install any additional parts that add significant value throughout the year. You can adjust the value as-needed. With the hyper-inflation we've been experiencing, it good to keep tabs on how much $$$ you've got into it and edit the coverage accordingly

I got a QUOTE from my home / car insurance company, no mileage restrictions, depreciation, and up to 22k coverage without a appraisal and very affordable.

I would still check with Grundy or Hagerty. I have Grundy after checking with several others, Joe

I have a combined coverage on my 67 GTS and 67 GT of $100,000 and premium went up to $704 for year. Just give them a call and tell them what you want and amount that you want them to put on car. One agent told my brother that on his 70 Chevelle if he put 25,000 instead of $22,000 if would be a better rate.

I went with Grundy 30000.00 in coverage for 1 year you can choose how many miles a year I went with up to 2500 my policy cost 225.00 a year great rate

I went with Grundy 30000.00 in coverage for 1 year you can choose how many miles a year I went with up to 2500 my policy cost 225.00 a year great rate
That's not bad. My insurance company has no mileage limits, if I remember correctly, for a years coverage of $20,000 it's $200.00. This is another reason why I don't want a collectable car as the insurance gets ridiculous and I don't want to be afraid to take it out and enjoy it. My neighbor has a iroc Camaro that he hasn't drove in years, what a waste.

Best to get a couple of quotes and compare them carefully. I have good coverage on my 76 Ventura, mileage allowance of 8k/year, which I've never come close to for around $150.00 a year through Intact, my 75 Dart on the same policy is just over $100.00.

I've never had to use my Grundy but it's 209.00 a year of a declared value of 25G.I have 100/300 also.Ive probably put 70 miles on it in the last 4 years.

I've never had to use my Grundy but it's 209.00 a year of a declared value of 25G.I have 100/300 also.Ive probably put 70 miles on it in the last 4 years.
I wouldn't have it if I wasn't enjoying it, but that's me

I talked to a local guy the other day that had a very nice 34 Plymouth that got away in his garage and backed down a hill in high idle and totaled it. He had insured it for $10,000 over what he paid for it. Grundy gave him absolutely no problem after sending someone to look at it. They offered to sell it back to him for $9,000. He bought a 39 Chevy and insured it for $10,000 more than purchase price. He is the only one that I knew that had a claim but made me feel good about mine after hearing how Grundy handled it, Joe

-
Back