intake hardware

-

68 A

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
kinda feeling like a rookie here, i put a new intake on my rebuilt 318 and am now getting all the hardware for it. the only thing i cant find is where the hose connects the intake to the water pump. it looks like it is a one inch male pipe thread with a hose barb on the other end. i'm sure you know what i mean. i cannot find one at any local parts stores or at hardware stores. where can i find one?

thanks,
Steve

You might try a plumbing supply store.
jamestown.jpg
[/IMG]

thanks for the link Adam, but i am not an ebay user. However, i am somewhat confused now after looking at that page. They say it is a water pump bypass nipple, and say it is rare, but doesn't every car have one?

Its maybe rare because its an oem part. You can just as easily use a 3/4 " piece of schedule 40 pipe from the hardware store, (Steel water pipe). The thread in the manifold is 3/4 NPT.

Cut off a piece about 1.25 " long including the threads and install it with some teflon tape or pipe dope on the threads. I did this before and it works fine.

I bought my 1" bypass hose fitting from Year One for $16.00, Part FR113. The heater hose fitting (3/8" NPT) part FR111 was $9.30.

You may be able to go cheaper elsewhere......... but Year One has what you are looking for.

When I installed an eddy performer intake I went to the parts department at the dodge dealer and told them what I was looking for and he pulled it off the shelf and I was out the door for 14 bucks. I tried to find the bag that it came in for the part number but I think it got thrown away.

i bought the 3/4" pipe, however my hose doesn't fit over it. The inner diameter of the hose is 3/4 while the outer diameter of the pipe is 1". The thread is 3/4 though, so i'm not sure the 1" piece from year one will work.

why does all the little stuff take the most time and effort? can swap a rear end in an afternoon but can't get some little fitting to work right...

thanks

mancini racing has them

http://chucker54.stores.yahoo.net/hehonib.html

1964-69 Small Block Heater Hose Nipple Kit
Small block LA engine heater hose nipples for 1964-1969 vehicles using 5/8" heater hose and 3/4" by-pass hose. Patterned after original pieces and zinc plated to prevent corrosion. Long nipple should be installed in water pump and short nipple in intake manifold. One 4-piece kit required per vehicle.
$24.95
MREHF44084

1970 - later Small Block Heater Hose Nipple Kit
Small block LA engine heater hose nipples for 1970 & later vehicles using both 1/2" and 5/8" heater hose and 1" by-pass hose. Patterned after original pieces and zinc plated to prevent corrosion. One kit required per vehicle.
$14.95
MREHF44086

I recently had the same problem. Ended up at Napa parts store and found what I needed (with help of sales guy) in the "big rig" parts manual. Had to get a new "bent" hose piece for the correct interior diameter like you mentioned plus the new manifold intake was much lower on the intake than the one I took out so the old hose would have been kinked.
It was all less than $20.00.
I'm with you on the pain in the a@#$ time it takes to run this stuff down. It seems common enough that Edlebrock or who ever makes the manifold could "include" these fittings with the manifold. It's not like we are not willing to pay for the part....we have to anyway once the "treasure hunt" is over!!!!!

thanks alot dartman, your one of my many heros on this project.

Darius, i think they should at least have the option of this hardware with the intake. you could get a kit, the intake, gaskets, hardware and fittings, instead of having to purchase (and or hunt) for the remaining pieces.

Thanks alot!

Steve

why does all the little stuff take the most time and effort? can swap a rear end in an afternoon but can't get some little fitting to work right...

thanks[/QUOTE]

I have found that getting the correct part will always save time and agony.
This part can be had at the local Dodge parts department,or google the part # and you will get about a thousand hits.

The fitting part number is P4876374.....problem solved. around $6.00

While you are at it grab a silicone cop by-pass hose Part number P4876373
around $9.00.

Cheers !!!!!
John

-
Back