Intake manifold gaskets

-

nodemon

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just received my Edelbrock gaskets for my Edelbrock intake.. however, it didn't come with end pieces... Now I'm trying to remember of it even had end gaskets or if it was just sealant... I can't remember...!!!! lol..
Can someone clue me in to whether or not I need end pieces...

No china wall pieces needed, just use the permatex. Don't forget to pull the china wall pins out "before" installing the intake.

Intake and gaskets/bolts Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil

Last edited:
China wall pins...?
See the holes at the front and rear of the intake/valley walls

upload_2021-10-22_18-58-16.jpeg

upload_2021-10-22_19-2-26.png

No china wall pieces needed, just use the permatex. Don't forget to pull the china wall pins out "before" installing the intake.

Intake and gaskets/bolts Permatex 82180 Ultra Black Maximum Oil
And clean, clean, clean......(lol ask me how I know:BangHead:)

Put a nice thick bead of sealant on there too. If you don't have enough you'll have a leak. And just like above you'll be pulling it off for a re-do...ask ME how I know... Ha!

just use the end gaskets like designed with RTV ONLY in the corners...... I dont agree with RTV on the whole length of china wall, has never worked for me. these aint Chevys..... (theyre BETTER)

just use the end gaskets like designed with RTV ONLY in the corners...... I dont agree with RTV on the whole length of china wall, has never worked for me. these aint Chevys..... (theyre BETTER)
Really, good luck getting the bolt holes to line up. Read Read Read

upload_2021-10-23_10-17-10.png

Last edited:
The cork end gaskets are usually around 1/4" thick and you might only need 1/8 or less. It's best to dry fit the intake with the side gaskets and no sealer to see what you need.

The cork end gaskets are usually around 1/4" thick and you might only need 1/8 or less. It's best to dry fit the intake with the side gaskets and no sealer to see what you need.
Dry fitting is great idea, usually the thick cork gaskets are too thick but there is too much gap for silicone. I use 1/8 gasket material and make my own for the ends. Seal them on both sides, trick is getting the manifold in the right place on the first try. That’s why they put the pins in there at the factory.

Dry fitting is great idea, usually the thick cork gaskets are too thick but there is too much gap for silicone. I use 1/8 gasket material and make my own for the ends. Seal them on both sides, trick is getting the manifold in the right place on the first try. That’s why they put the pins in there at the factory.
Exactly!

-
Back