intake valve help

-

sport74

Reaction score
I am looking for a set of 1.94 valves with a 5/16 stem, and 5.01 overall length. Anyone else had to find these? I've searched and can only find a set from Manley that are 180 for the set. I'm near the end of my build and the budget is drying up so any help is appreciated

I am looking for a set of 1.94 valves with a 5/16 stem, and 5.01 overall length. Anyone else had to find these? I've searched and can only find a set from Manley that are 180 for the set. I'm near the end of my build and the budget is drying up so any help is appreciated

I heard that you can use very inexpensive 11/32" Chevy valves. The machine shop just grinds the ends down to the correct length anyway. Chevy valves are almost free. If your guides are already machined then it might not be worth it.

Treblig

Yeah the guides are already machined. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and get the expensive Manley ones.

Finding an inexpensive 5/16 1.94 valve isn't going to be easy.

11/32 Ferrea has a valve F5048. About $100/set

If the shop suggested the 5/16 sizing, they didn't help you out much.

They didn't suggest the 5/16 size, I bought the heads for odessa cylinder head. They were supposed to be complete and ready to install. My machinist disassembled them to confirm they were correct and they weren't. That's why I'm looking for the oddball size

Run a reamer through them and size it for 11/32.

Are they 8MM?

Is Odessa the same as Clearwater?

Might check out Rev and see what they have. I had a custom set made by them for $160 which was way cheaper than the other guys and that was with high strength material. Is possible they carry what you need.

Yeah crackedback they're one in the same...... thought I got a good deal and wound up getting shafted..... they said send them back and they'd make it right but after all the bad things I have heard and rad about them since, I'm afraid I won't get them back if I sent them. So my machinist is making them right. Clinteg thanks I'll check with them

Rev...SI and Elgin all make vavles...should be able to find something

-
Back