Interesting comment on mopar collectors guide facebook page re GYCs

-

grassy

Reaction score
Apparently, this is Rex Wilson's car. He had it rebuilt by GYCs.

View attachment 10533443_10202677010506547_7892162513041272277_n.jpg

Here is what he is saying..

This is the most telling angle I've found yet that shows what I mean when I say walking up to it you can't put your finger on it, it's just not right. look at the quarter, level the market light and the quarter with it. That's how it should look. And the "notch" at the top of the roof line. What's that all about?

Asked if he was going to take it back , he said:

Fuck that. eight more month's of ******* my car up? I'll pass. **** missing, **** left off, **** installed wrong, Sheet metal crooked, Paint runs, fisheye, trash in paint, **** left loose, total lack of communication, Did I mention 36 Inch long runs in the paint?

So perhaps less drama on the show and more attention to detail ??

And why would you take it to a shop that does reality TV instead of someone who actually restores cars?? Restorations by Julius, Totally Auto, Musclecar Restorations, you know, reputable shops???

At The Nats I looked over the Daytona and wasn't impressed at the quality of work. I'm not saying I could do better or afford a car like that. But when someone talks like there are the best I was expecting a lot more. The white on white 69 HEMI Bee had a perfect resto job!!!! Hats off to the person that did the bee.

And why would you take it to a shop that does reality TV instead of someone who actually restores cars?? Restorations by Julius, Totally Auto, Musclecar Restorations, you know, reputable shops???

Very simple. So he can insert drama (here).

-
Back