Interior color help...

-

replicaracer43

Grumpy Old Man
Reaction score
Redoing a 71 Swinger, black interior, and am gonna repaint the doorframes, dash and steering column... the door frames appear to have been quite a bit glossier than the dash frame, thinking of going all glossy, or all satin or semi-gloss.... like to see some pics of black interiors to give me some ideas...show me the pictures!!

I have a 70 black duster with black interior .The sail panels and metal trim are painted the same black as the exterior of the car .The dash and steering column are more of a satin black.I went to a ppg paint store and they got the factory code in lacquer and converted the mix to enamel paint .They should be able to do this for your car

I have a 70 black duster with black interior .The sail panels and metal trim are painted the same black as the exterior of the car .The dash and steering column are more of a satin black.I went to a ppg paint store and they got the factory code in lacquer and converted the mix to enamel paint .They should be able to do this for your car
Allready know all this.... looking for pictures of black interiors done different ways.... thanks

Well im not sure what your asking for . Im thinking you want pics of black black cars Insides ? :hello2:

Remember the lesson learned by the car manufacturers themselves regarding gloss paint on dash boards. "REFLECTION of SUN LIGHT". Matt finished or low gloss finishes absorb more light then they reflect.

Also, light (natural or artificial) reflected off the dash, will also appear in your windshield, especially at night.

I have to go with mr 22,000 lol I had a 64 val that we painted the dash the same out the out side gloss and if it was the right time of day. It was really hard to see altho the windshild was not the best nether lmao

Photos of black interiors don't show up very well. I painted the sail panels and interior door trim with SEM black trim paint in a rattle can and the top of the dash with John Deere Blitz Black and am very satisfied. The SEM paint feels dry in 20 minutes but doesnt get hard for several days, so take your time

Attachments

• cuda trei.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 188
my interior is still getting done, but black headliner, black carpet, black dash frame and pads, rallye dash, console, black package tray... but to add color we are doing white vinyl seats with purple stripes.

-
Back