INTERIOR COLOR IM CONFUSED

Mopar Interiors

1. cawley

cawley 383 Bcuda

Local Time:
    6:22 PM
    Working on a 68 barracuda. The exterior color is JJ1 ember gold. On the fender tag under TRM the code is D6Y. I was told that is gold delux interior. So the barracuda owner wants me to repaint the dash, dash pad & all interior plastics. At that time all i had was the kick panels & the J shaped rubber piece that goes on to the door jamb pinch weld. I have paint the upper & lower dash pads. The upper because its new & the lower because someone painted it a dark brown. So order plastic/ vinyl paint from Herbs. I order the ember gold. It shows up its way to light. Not even close to matching the kick panels. So i order more paint. This time i get the gold. Bingo its a perfect match. So paint the dash, pads & kick panels. I also with base clear i paint all the interior metal trim. Every thing matches beautifully. I have to order a headliner for it. I come up with buckskin for the color, sandlewood looks to light. I get the headliner & its a good match. So the guy sends me the arm rest & sun visors. What the>>> They are the color of the ember gold i got from Herbs the first time. Did i just paint everything the wrong color & order the wrong color headliner ?

2. 1969383S

1969383S FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Not sure for your Dilemma, this is 69 but, This chart may assist. The dash and such were always a different shade than other parts. I know you know the drill though!

69_Plymouth_Stripes_accents_tops0008.jpg

3. cawley

cawley 383 Bcuda

Local Time:
    yea all to well lol

4. HemiSSDart

HemiSSDart Dartus Interuptus

Local Time:
    If the customer wants everything to match then it will not be factory, as said above everything was a slightly different color. I am sure the customer knows this...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Kendog 170

Kendog 170 Let the boy go !

Local Time:
      You may just want to ask the customer .

• Agree Agree x 1
      1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
        By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.