interior upholstery

-

ECMJim

Reaction score
Any suggestions for seat upholstery and door panels or material for a '67 cuda convertible. Doing a resto and having trouble finding replacements for the 'a' body. Particularly the rear side trim panels.
Thanks

Legendary auto interior for seat covers and front door panels, rear door panels are used only not reproduced.
Had the same thing when I redid my 67 convert, good luck.... Lon

Check out Legendary Auto Interior‘s catalogue and then see if you can get their product cheaper at Dante’s. There is also PUI Interior but some members havent been pleased with the quality of their stuff.

Generally one gets what they paid for it.

Any suggestions for seat upholstery and door panels or material for a '67 cuda convertible. Doing a resto and having trouble finding replacements for the 'a' body. Particularly the rear side trim panels.
Thanks
I looked at my classic industries catalog and it showed rear panels for the 1967 - 1969 A body convertible but it doesn't say anything about a particular body style. I hope this helps.

Another halfway replacement part. I can't believe that they offer the front panels and not the rear panels. It doesn't make any sense to offer the fronts and not you rears.Can't find any, take your old panels to a automotive upholster shop and have them recovered

Another halfway replacement part. I can't believe that they offer the front panels and not the rear panels. It doesn't make any sense to offer the fronts and not you rears.Can't find any, take your old panels to a automotive upholster shop and have them recovered
Yes it makes sense. Tooling cost plenty of fronts get damaged so more sold
You have to sell quite a few to even recoup the cost and be even. Plus warehouse them forever till they sell thst a major expense as well as taking space that can be used for fast moving stock.

You have to sell quite a few to even recoup the cost and be even. Plus warehouse them forever till they sell thst a major expense as well as taking space that can be used for fast moving stock.
I can't see why you couldn't send in your old panels to get recovered. They already have the material available. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but they offer the door panels for darts, duster's and a couple of others, so I think that's a poor excuse.

Rear panels for barracuda convertibles are solid abs plastic panels not covered.

I can't see why you couldn't send in your old panels to get recovered. They already have the material available. I don't mean to sound ignorant, but they offer the door panels for darts, duster's and a couple of others, so I think that's a poor excuse.
So they should do something and loose money because you need it?
They make parts to make a profit.
Like out or not. In the E Body Convertable world and i could post the things not avalible long list and more desirable car and could really charge big money for the parts. But still can't make money on them. Lots if items not made. They can not make money on it they don't make it.
As far As the A Body rears if a Convertable thet can be covered by places like Just Dashes ( not cheap)

Last edited:
So they should do something and loose money because you need it?
They make parts to make a profit.
Like out or not. I don't even get into the E Body Convertable world and post the things not avalible
As far As the A Body rears if a Convertable thet can be covered by places like Just Dashes ( not cheap)
I wasn't meaning the money part, I meant the reason for not making them, such as the front panels get replaced more than the rear panels.

I'm sure that the tooling is already paid off. Dies to punch holes in the panels could be a expense. Warehouse storage, back in 2008 when I bought new door panels for my 1973 dart swinger I was told that it was a 6-8 week wait because they didn't make the panels till a order was placed, if I remember correctly that's what they did for all of the mopar orders. Everybody on here knows that mopars are the most expensive car to restore. Again I saw new rear panels for the '67 - '69 A body convertible at classic industries. Apparently they are plastic and not covered, if I was doing a restore that's what I would do.

The rear plastic panels for convertible are reproduced but they were copied off of the Dart. The Barracudas dutchman panel is a tad higher than Dart so everything there is slightly different. The rear panel for B'cuda angles upward where Dart is pretty flat. Owners of B'cuda verts have used the Dart reproductions. The difference isn't noticed unless you are looking for it.

The rear plastic panels for convertible are reproduced but they were copied off of the Dart. The Barracudas dutchman panel is a tad higher than Dart so everything there is slightly different. The rear panel for B'cuda angles upward where Dart is pretty flat. Owners of B'cuda verts have used the Dart reproductions. The difference isn't noticed unless you are looking for it.
I learned something different today. Thanks for sharing this

The Laysons panels are based on the Dart. I used them in my Barracuda, I warmed then up to make them pliable and slowly screwed them in place. You can tell but you need to know what you're looking at. The texture and some of the edges aren't as sharp, but not bad.

M
Check out Legendary Auto Interior‘s catalogue and then see if you can get their product cheaper at Dante’s. There is also PUI Interior but some members havent been pleased with the quality of their stuff.

Generally one gets what they paid for it.
My door panels came from legendary and in 6 months they started coming apart and they wouldn't do anything about it, I hope that their quality has improved since 2008. For what they cost and how long it took to get them they should've lasted for years. Does anyone else make interior parts for mopars?

If I had the money to do an interior, I would have it done in leather but as close to the original grain and all that stuff. I remember my charger with vinyl and in the summer I ran seat covers because I didn't like sticking to my seats, jeez that sucked.

Thanks
That's a beautiful barracuda in your avatar

If I had the money to do an interior, I would have it done in leather but as close to the original grain and all that stuff. I remember my charger with vinyl and in the summer I ran seat covers because I didn't like sticking to my seats, jeez that sucked.
Just redoing a interior of a mopar is 3-4 grand and that's no labor

Thanks
Legendary.

I did my 69 Barracuda in 2001 with a complete kit-- all black, deluxe. It still looks like it's damn near brand new. No fade, no rips, no shrinking, no rolling on the seams. the grain on the pattern looks excellent and the stitching is all tight.

at the time headrests were not available, only the chrome strips so I dyed them. rear door panels were not available, and I'm not sure if they make them now, however that's of little concern in that you have a convertible so it's a little different animal.

it's big dough, but their product is top notch.

Legendary.

I did my 69 Barracuda in 2001 with a complete kit-- all black, deluxe. It still looks like it's damn near brand new. No fade, no rips, no shrinking, no rolling on the seams. the grain on the pattern looks excellent and the stitching is all tight.

at the time headrests were not available, only the chrome strips so I dyed them. rear door panels were not available, and I'm not sure if they make them now, however that's of little concern in that you have a convertible so it's a little different animal.

it's big dough, but their product is top notch.
I did my 1973 dart swinger in 2008 and I got my panels from them, they started to come apart in about 6 months, expensive and poor quality

I did my 1973 dart swinger in 2008 and I got my panels from them, they started to come apart in about 6 months, expensive and poor quality
Well even the odd Lexus /Toyota breaks down.

Well even the odd Lexus /Toyota breaks down.
I'm not talking about it breaking down, I'm talking about the high cost of the door panels and them starting to come apart. A friend of mine restored his 1969 gtx and I knew were he got his interior parts from before he told me, I could tell by the way he's door panels had the material coming off the panel.

-
Back