interior upholstery

-
98730DA8-326F-4C41-AEC2-4884019DA88F.gif

interesting. you'd think in my climate-- very high temps, unrelenting sun and hot, dry air that all of what you describe: plastic chrome peeling and the wood grain bubbling would have shown the same plight that befell yours.

did you use some type of cleaner or detailing product on them? that may have been the beginning of their demise.

also, if you don't use the supplied torque wrench to install the panels it will cause torsion in the plastic understructure which stresses the foundation and thereby causes fatal decomposition of the chemical bond and thus, excoriation of the thin chrome foil. the woodgrain laminate suffers the same demise in that the substratum is moved from its natural lineal plane, as such a small air gap that is created allows for different atmospheric conditions to exist and the resulting chemical reaction cannot outgas properly leaving a surface that is not entirely uniform.

interesting. you'd think in my climate-- very high temps, unrelenting sun and hot, dry air that all of what you describe: plastic chrome peeling and the wood grain bubbling would have shown the same plight that befell yours.

did you use some type of cleaner or detailing product on them? that may have been the beginning of their demise.

also, if you don't use the supplied torque wrench to install the panels it will cause torsion in the plastic understructure which stresses the foundation and thereby causes fatal decomposition of the chemical bond and thus, excoriation of the thin chrome foil. the woodgrain laminate suffers the same demise in that the substratum is moved from its natural lineal plane, as such a small air gap that is created allows for different atmospheric conditions to exist and the resulting chemical reaction cannot outgas properly leaving a surface that is not entirely uniform.
I didn't use any cleaner on them. Torque wrench, you have to be kidding, they are held in place with clips. And the backing isn't plastic it was some form of a particle board material. I've never seen any door panels come with a torque wrench

I cleaned them with the recommended cleaner that they recommended. Either you was trying to be funny or you have no experience with working on interiors. My car wasn't the only one that I saw that had door panel issues.

I have door panels (and all of the interior soft parts) from Legendary on 3 Darts now. The only problem I ever had (spit seam) was quickly and cheerfully replaced. Never had any problem with door panels... just sayin'...

Everyone that I have had contact with regarding Legendary's products just raves about them, except one, apparently... Dan are you sure they came from Legendary???

Did you put the plastic sheeting back in between the panel and the door shell?

Did you put the plastic sheeting back in between the panel and the door shell?
that's my thought. immediately I went to incorrect installation.

or maybe the guys that were stealing parts off his car stole his door seals and that's what ruined the panels? hmmm....

I cleaned them with the recommended cleaner that they recommended. Either you was trying to be funny or you have no experience with working on interiors. My car wasn't the only one that I saw that had door panel issues.
I've installed four complete legendary interiors-- so I've worked with the product all the way from the foams to the headliners.

for you to write them off as if they're not basically the industry standard is flim-flammery at its finest.

at this point I think that you're projecting what you classified as "a long wait time" and "expensive" into a dishonest representation of your actual experience. any problem with their product has always been met swiftly and to the satisfaction of MANY others.

my only gripe ever with legendary is their carpets, which I don't think that they even make, just sell as part of a package. and in that, it's not the fit or the look, it's that they fade into an odd purplish color.

I've installed four complete legendary interiors-- so I've worked with the product all the way from the foams to the headliners.

for you to write them off as if they're not basically the industry standard is flim-flammery at its finest.

at this point I think that you're projecting what you classified as "a long wait time" and "expensive" into a dishonest representation of your actual experience. any problem with their product has always been met swiftly and to the satisfaction of MANY others.

my only gripe ever with legendary is their carpets, which I don't think that they even make, just sell as part of a package. and in that, it's not the fit or the look, it's that they fade into an odd purplish color.
I tried several times to get them to warranty their product and they did nothing, I think for what they cost me that they should have taken care of the situation and did nothing.

I tried several times to get them to warranty their product and they did nothing, I think for what they cost me that they should have taken care of the situation and did nothing.
not every situation gets the outcome you expect. but that's life.

at least you sold your mopars so you'll not have to deal with them again; and when you buy your next ford or gm project, you'll have many choices for interior parts so you can count that as a plus.

not every situation gets the outcome you expect. but that's life.

at least you sold your mopars so you'll not have to deal with them again; and when you buy your next ford or gm project, you'll have many choices for interior parts so you can count that as a plus.
I'm not sure which car I'll get next, but I don't believe in a mopar or no car. I did have a bad experience with my interior and that's how it goes sometimes. I was just saying what they cost and the extended time it took to get them. If my memory serves me correctly I was told 6-8 weeks to get them and that wasn't bad but it was more like 3 months. I only sold the dart because some low life started stealing parts off of it and with moving into a new home and working lots of overtime and other things going on I just didn't have the time to put into it. I'm going to see what other company ( if there's another one ) that makes interior parts for any brand of car.

Well for the record I have Legendary door panels as well as front and rear seat interior coverings. I had the seats done by a long time shop and they had no complaints as to the quality or fit
My door panels are at least 8 years old and still look new

Well for the record I have Legendary door panels as well as front and rear seat interior coverings. I had the seats done by a long time shop and they had no complaints as to the quality or fit
My door panels are at least 8 years old and still look new
That's awesome. I'm still going to see if anyone else makes them. I might be stuck with using them and again they could be better now.

We have the 67-69 A-body convertible rear interior side panels in stock and ready to ship.

AF-PRO1P....Convertible Rear Side panels......$869.00/Pair......

Primer and ready for paint(Please note that CHROME IS NOT included on this panel - This is the small thin chrome piece above the armrest pad that separates the upper smooth surface of the panel from the lower textured portion of the panel - sold separately AS part # 2787948. Armrest Pads however ARE included and you have to choose from either black or white - Black as default. White you can use a vinyl die to any color choice on your own. We recommend SEM brand vinyl die. Picture of panels in BLACK to show what they can look like after being painted by your own shop...panels are in Black Primer only.

im008003-jpg.jpg

PLEASE NOTE!!!!!!!!

This is a pic of a pair of white panels....they now come ONLY IN BLACK!!!!! (it was just the easiest pic to grab for the moment)

We have the 67-69 A-body convertible rear interior side panels in stock and ready to ship.

AF-PRO1P....Convertible Rear Side panels......$869.00/Pair......

Primer and ready for paint(Please note that CHROME IS NOT included on this panel - This is the small thin chrome piece above the armrest pad that separates the upper smooth surface of the panel from the lower textured portion of the panel - sold separately AS part # 2787948. Armrest Pads however ARE included and you have to choose from either black or white - Black as default. White you can use a vinyl die to any color choice on your own. We recommend SEM brand vinyl die. Picture of panels in BLACK to show what they can look like after being painted by your own shop...panels are in Black Primer only.

View attachment 1716027001

PLEASE NOTE!!!!!!!!

This is a pic of a pair of white panels....they now come ONLY IN BLACK!!!!! (it was just the easiest pic to grab for the moment)
For that outrageous price, the chrome should be included. I can see why alot of people would rather restore a Ford or a GM product.

For that outrageous price, the chrome should be included. I can see why alot of people would rather restore a Ford or a GM product.
When you consider the amount of investment it takes to reproduce these panels as well as the limited demand, you might understand why they cost what they do.
If the A body panels are as hard to find as B body panels and what a set in good shape or without speaker holes costs, what the price they are being sold for isn't all that bad

Yeah.......too bad we can't sell them for $49.95 and make enough profit to justify a production run.......

:realcrazy:
I just looked them up for a 1969 mustang convertible, $349.99. I'm sure that you could include the chrome and still make a good profit.

When you consider the amount of investment it takes to reproduce these panels as well as the limited demand, you might understand why they cost what they do.
If the A body panels are as hard to find as B body panels and what a set in good shape or without speaker holes costs, what the price they are being sold for isn't all that bad
Everything for mopars is at least 2 -4 times higher than Ford and gm. I'm beginning to think that mopars are for the rich.

If they would help create demand I think that it would help. This can be done by lowering the price. If you're looking at restoring a dart or a mustang convertible it's natural for you to do the lesser costly car to do. I'm probably wrong about this, but if they was to have the price more competitive I really believe that it would help to increase demand. What do you think?

-
Back