Internet personal data & big business -how do they get my info?

-

greymouser7

Vagrant Vagabond “Veni Vidi Vici”
Reaction score
I went to change my password on ebay. I have never given ebay my past two or 3 phone numbers, have never given facebook my exact address or phone number

ebay has my phone number (willing to send me a text to verify) although they have been asking for my phone number for over a year via their generic operating software (I notice they don't ask anymore)

I had to give my phone number out after i moved for establishing some bills and now ebay has my number?

people say don't share your personal information but what is the point? I had to give companies my number to establish utilities and now a company i did NOT want to have my info does?? WTF!?!

i need education on privacy because my 1990's training is clearly outdated

i would much rather be close to 'off the grid' than a commercial statistic for big business and gov

i shouldn't ***** though because the chinese have ALLLLLLLLLLL of my most personal info and life history and social security number because OPM which runs the gov clearance got sloppy and hacked -even life lock doesn't help outside the U.S.

this constantly pisses me off what can we do?

Kitty and I went to Burger King in Milledgeville just the other day. I paid with my bank card. Out pops my receipt with "ROBERT" printed on the top for my number order. That's a little "too big brother" for me. But what do you do? Nuthin.

Kitty and I went to Burger King in Milledgeville just the other day. I paid with my bank card. Out pops my receipt with "ROBERT" printed on the top for my number order. That's a little "too big brother" for me. But what do you do? Nuthin.
In person I always pay cash.... always. No name on my receipt. And nobody really knows where I shop in person. :)

well, if they want to put a trail-cam on my house, and follow me, ok. They'll be bored... :D
That's the way I look at it. I have a Google phone, all kinds if stuff pops up as reminders on my calendar that I never set. It's creepy, but if they care about me, they are bored already. Work, work on cars, watch TV shows about cars. Exciting!

We still have a home phone on magic jack we use when somebody wants a phone number and I have an email account I use for everything but friends and family. I think the phone is about $12 a year and the ringer is turned off. I get an email on my junk email account every time there is a message, so I can check messages if I want to. I NEVER give my personal email or cell phone to anyone but friends and family.

Your cell phone now listens to every conversation (act) you have...DAY AND NIGHT (if you leave your phone on in your bedroom. THAT IS SCARY!!!!
This is why you can be talking about guns or car parts and you'll get a pop up ad on your phone 15 min later. They are listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_fU::mad::mob:

Your cell phone now listens to every conversation (act) you have...DAY AND NIGHT (if you leave your phone on in your bedroom. THAT IS SCARY!!!!
This is why you can be talking about guns or car parts and you'll get a pop up ad on your phone 15 min later. They are listening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_fU::mad::mob:

try it. Mention horseradish sauce around your cell phone (or other obscure product) and see if an ad pops up later in the day. I have all pop-ups and ads blocked and the thing keeps a score card of everything it blocks...it just clicked off 10 blocks.....Thing is, its been happening for a while; has your life changed any because of it?

Anybody want a "cookie"? Really, if you are indeed a person of interest, there's agencies that already know how many nasal hairs you have in your head.....lol.

The idea that you have a private life and privacy is long gone. It is a lot worse than you think, imagine or even fantasized about.

I went to change my password on ebay. I have never given ebay my past two or 3 phone numbers, have never given facebook my exact address or phone number

ebay has my phone number (willing to send me a text to verify) although they have been asking for my phone number for over a year via their generic operating software (I notice they don't ask anymore)

I had to give my phone number out after i moved for establishing some bills and now ebay has my number?

people say don't share your personal information but what is the point? I had to give companies my number to establish utilities and now a company i did NOT want to have my info does?? WTF!?!

i need education on privacy because my 1990's training is clearly outdated

i would much rather be close to 'off the grid' than a commercial statistic for big business and gov

i shouldn't ***** though because the chinese have ALLLLLLLLLLL of my most personal info and life history and social security number because OPM which runs the gov clearance got sloppy and hacked -even life lock doesn't help outside the U.S.

this constantly pisses me off what can we do?

Here's just the tip of the iceberg if you really want to see one answer to your question.
Are you ready? This is all the data Facebook and Google have on you | Dylan Curran

Tried to buy a fridge anonymously at Lowes a few years back. They pitched a fit. What about the warranty! I said I have a receipt. I'm not buying a car, you don't need my address either, It's not being delivered.

Here's just the tip of the iceberg if you really want to see one answer to your question.
Oh no you can't fool me, by clicking on that link you supplied I will be counted and it will be documented and forever be in the confines of the "ones"......lol

If google knows so much, then why the hell do I get so much crap on YouTube about, "how to build a cheap chevy engine?" And recommendations for chevy **** here in the ads on fabo? I only search for mopar stuff.

:rofl:
If google knows so much, then why the hell do I get so much crap on YouTube about, "how to build a cheap chevy engine?" And recommendations for chevy **** here in the ads on fabo? I only search for mopar stuff.
They are simply trying to convert you. Remember, they are evil. Resist The Dark Side and General Motors altogether!:rofl:

My friend was at a salon getting her nails done. They were talking about going for supper. Siri came on and gave them the directions. That’s just retarded. Kim

Just wait a few more months when China's Social Credit System hits our shores.
I don't care what they know about me, I'm probably on a dozen hit lists already for bravely confessing my Master, everywhere I go. The sooner they slaughter me the better, cuz I'd rather not have to Endure.It's too late, I think; we're all on borrowed time.

On my phone when im on here if the subject is about fuel pumps I get an ad at the bottom of the thread about breast pumps.:rofl: does this happen to y'all too?

Hummmm, I wonder how many times I have to type in fuel pump... but why? Just go straight to the breast pump.

Everybody! Type in breast pump 100 times!!

-
Back