Intro to a TQ video

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Seeing how there is some talk going on every now and again, a few questions pop up and many respond. This in a first of a few videos goes through a TQ on a basic level. I’ll give a quick overview with a tip or two.
Nothing super in-depth.

Let me know what you think for this off the cuff video.

This will be the car/MoPar channel. Not the other channel.
Like/share/subscribe & comment! LOL!

70 views and no feed back from the forum?
I guess the video sucks then?

Good video and breakdown how the Thermoquads work.

I do the Edelbrocks as the carbs we run, they are very simple. Good to see the Thermoquads as I have not been into those.

Thanks for posting, good camera work and the volume was right on too.

Thanks for the feedback. Not so easy with a phone.

Great video. I learned things and that’s what matters. You present well even though you often need 3 or 4 hands LOL. It’s not easy for sure.

Can’t wait for the next two parts. After that, I hope you will discuss tuning a TQ.

Nice job.

Very well done. I look forward to the next two segments.

70 views and no feed back from the forum?
I guess the video sucks then?

Great little vid. I suspect the dimples in the air valve are there to keep the pressure there consistent when the air valve is at 90 degrees from closed. The pressure at the air valve diminishes as the air valve approaches its fully opened state.

Last edited:
Thanks for the feed back gents.
Any tips?
(Besides loosing the Down state NY accent? LOL!)

A couple more days I’ll have another one up. Tomorrow George Jets and I will be meeting up at my new to me place here in Florida.

Thanks for the feed back gents.
Any tips?
(Besides loosing the Down state NY accent? LOL!)
I know it is difficult to keep the camera steady and you did a good job of that but it sure was nice when you set the phone down. I like the accent. lol

(Laughing…)

I’ll try and keep it steady! I know it’s rough on the eyes. Sorry about that. I’m new to doing videos.
Patience please!

Thank you for these! I watched both and will rewatch tomorrow. I also subscribed. Other than knowing what tquads are, I have never played with one. My brother has one on his 73 Cuda 340 so I would like to be knowledgeable about it if it ever needs tuning or adjusting. So my request is a video on car that shows common trouble spots and how to address them like leaky throttle shafts, adjusting the air door, etc. You sorta cover the air door adjustment in the second video.

Thanks! And will do, however, this would be best done with a running engine of which I had and need to re address. It is 3rd in line and may take a little bit.

A TQ whisperer I am not, FWIW, but I’ll “Knowledge Dump” what I have and can remember. This will take a few video to do. So until then, hang tight!
A leaky throttle shaft is best taken care of with bushing the shaft. This requires a shaft removal, drilling the bores out, fitting in a tube tightly and hopefully re drill to the shaft size.

Common trouble spots are no more than miss adjusted linkages or bent linkages. Also, old wives tales.

Thanks for subscribing.

I can see part 2. Part one has the sad face.

Seeing how there is some talk going on every now and again, a few questions pop up and many respond. This in a first of a few videos goes through a TQ on a basic level. I’ll give a quick overview with a tip or two.
Nothing super in-depth.

Let me know what you think for this off the cuff video.

This will be the car/MoPar channel. Not the other channel.
Like/share/subscribe & comment! LOL!

Oops now I can see it. It must not have loaded up good the first time.

Oops now I can see it. It must not have loaded up good the first time.
Oh good! Excellent!
I’m wondering how to transfer the Holley video I did from one channel to the other. Any clues anybody?

-
Back