Irwindale raceway to remain open!!!!

-

hosehead

Reaction score
I took the belvedere out tonight so my god daughters could watch me make a pass. I was thinking this would be my last time out there as it was scheduled to close for good on January 31st.
While in the staging lanes the announcement was made that a new contract had been signed and the whole race complex will remain open! Great night of racing, everyone was in a great mood! Nice to see a track get saved.....
PS-Pardon my ugly mug but how cute is my pit crew??? The god daughters.

IMG_1061.JPG

Really? Nice! I'm glad the contract was renewed.

I was so bummed out that I missed the Mooneyes Christmas thing this year. I had completely forgotten about it. When I realized it, it was too late and I thought "Damn, this would have been the last year." Good to know that maybe next year, they'll get to have it again if it remains open.

Next time you go, hit me up on here. I'd like to go too.

Im sure Detroit has a safe deserted area to race...like everywhere!

Really? Nice! I'm glad the contract was renewed.

I was so bummed out that I missed the Mooneyes Christmas thing this year. I had completely forgotten about it. When I realized it, it was too late and I thought "Damn, this would have been the last year." Good to know that maybe next year, they'll get to have it again if it remains open.

Next time you go, hit me up on here. I'd like to go too.

I'll do that, Joe! The mopar showing is never much out there. We need you!

I've never been, but have always wanted to. Once I get my clutch warn in, I'd like to take my Dart there.

I'll do that, Joe! The mopar showing is never much out there. We need you!

I have a buddy that races his Dart out there every now and then. Usually with other Mopar dudes. I think my buddy is the only one with the A-Body, everyone else has B-Body's in the group. His name is Anthony with a primer black Dart.

I have a buddy that races his Dart out there every now and then. Usually with other Mopar dudes. I think my buddy is the only one with the A-Body, everyone else has B-Body's in the group. His name is Anthony with a primer black Dart.

There was a black primer 71 dart there last night. Let's get muumuu and all get out there!

Hell yeah man! Bringin um up right! That's great to see. Now tell all your car buddies and spread the word. Cause if people don't actually GO and go BIG TIME it may not make it. I cannot imagine how much money and effort it takes to keep a track open.

I took the belvedere out tonight so my god daughters could watch me make a pass. I was thinking this would be my last time out there as it was scheduled to close for good on January 31st.
While in the staging lanes the announcement was made that a new contract had been signed and the whole race complex will remain open! Great night of racing, everyone was in a great mood! Nice to see a track get saved.....
PS-Pardon my ugly mug but how cute is my pit crew??? The god daughters.

View attachment 1715125081

• Agreed: your mug is ugly and the girls are cute :D
  • Agreed: glad the track is sticking around :)
  • Now, What it run? :p

• Agreed: your mug is ugly and the girls are cute :D
  • Agreed: glad the track is sticking around :)
  • Now, What it run? :p

Yes my mug is ugly. Yes the young ones are cute.
The car has a new engine I'm just starting to tune. It went 7.80 @ 90 with a slight spin at the start.
Carb is untouched out of the box and distributor is a crap autozone piece that will only give me 31 degrees total. I am currently working on these two issues. I think it has a bunch left in it. Stay tuned. I'll be supporting this track mucho in the near future.

Yes my mug is ugly. Yes the young ones are cute.
The car has a new engine I'm just starting to tune. It went 7.80 @ 90 with a slight spin at the start.
Carb is untouched out of the box and distributor is a crap autozone piece that will only give me 31 degrees total. I am currently working on these two issues. I think it has a bunch left in it. Stay tuned. I'll be supporting this track mucho in the near future.
good deal all around, maybe a couple of mopar girls in the future.--- Now about that avatar pic? You going to the rose bowl ?
Oh yeah, the Plymouth needs a semi-flat black paint job .----jm "not so humble" opinion.

good deal all around, maybe a couple of mopar girls in the future.--- Now about that avatar pic? You going to the rose bowl ?
Oh yeah, the Plymouth needs a semi-flat black paint job .----jm "not so humble" opinion.
Damn 'Bob .. at least a SoCal guy ,is runnin' ,gunning..and racing.. Family involved, makes the thread , the whole points about family.

Damn 'Bob .. at least a SoCal guy ,is runnin' ,gunning..and racing.. Family involved, makes the thread , the whole points about family.
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Didn`t imply any diff. , the car would look kick ***, semi/flat black. Always liked 64 and 65 Plymouths, more engine room than an A body, but not regular B body heavy ! Always glad to hear a track stays open. We have a world class trck , but there was a lot of talk about the land being worth more as an industrial site, for a while. Would hate to see it close, even tho I don`t go to anything but mopar meets now.
Haven`t even run my 68 fastback (supposedly 723 horse) , maybe next yr>!

Not sure about the paint. I have a dart in paint jail and got a d100 a while back that needs attention. Everyone at the track says I can never paint the 65 even though the engine bay is already painted.
And, don't you worry, I'll be at the game. It's not everyday that my Sooners play down the street! BOOMER!

IMG_0756.JPG

Good to hear about the track and gettin the god daughters to go.

Oh, and don’t touch that paint!! :soapbox:

:D That thing looks AWESOME!

On the scale.

Girls are #1
Car comes in at #3
Owners mug is a distant 4th... :)

Tickets look like they are coming down a bit in price. Hope that some can be found for reasonable $'s.

I dig that car. Got a ride in it the other day and it runs really well. Get the tune up squared away and it will run the owners number is my guess. Pulled REALLY hard in 2nd gear. Nobody has said anything about the 50ft ire marks in the street. LOL

Boomer!

-
Back