Is anyone running "bare" rally wheels?

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
I'm always looking for the next all-business yet "true to Mopar heritage" looks for my car. I've been eyeballing my 15" rally wheels, wondering how they might look with a fresh coat of black or dark grey paint and no trim rings/centers...has anyone tried this? Are you happy with it?

1024px-1970_Plymouth_Hemi_%27Cuda_Chrysler_France_Racing.JPG

I don't know, bur I bet if you paint the centers of those rallyes blue, that would look killer with the white trim rings

form follows function. that car wouldnt be hassling with center caps when they were swapping tires. Ive seen plenty with no trim rings but centers. Looks kinda unfinished on a street car, just my humble opinion.

I don't know, bur I bet if you paint the centers of those rallyes blue, that would look killer with the white trim rings

I can imagine what you're getting at here...too pretty for a race car though! :)

form follows function. that car wouldnt be hassling with center caps when they were swapping tires. Ive seen plenty with no trim rings but centers. Looks kinda unfinished on a street car, just my humble opinion.

I hear ya...

View attachment 1714953728 Keep the center. Throw away beauty rings. Chrome whole wheel. Perfect.

That's pretty damn sharp. Chrome isn't for me but I have to say that the rallys take it nicely.

Ahhh yes... you guys are all making a compelling argument with just leaving the centers....I think this may be my route.

My rallies came off a ramcharger and were painted metallic red. Looked good with light argent centers and polished rings.

Naked? Looked like hell.

I've run them on several cars in the past.
I don't mind them bare, it depends on the car though.
To me, it looks better bare than beat up centers and center caps..........
Not a big fan of chromed ones or body color, but to each his own.
The 'Cuda pictured looks good as it is though, so it depends on the color combination used, some work and some don't.
I don't like 16'' and larger wheels on our old mopars either, but that's just me.

Aftermarket rallyes are easier to find in wider sizes. I know of some 7" wide rallies running behind full wheel covers.

I've seen promo lit from 1970 showing all three possible combinations besides centers and rings.

(centers, no rings - rings, no centers - and totally bare)

-
Back