-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I think these are Cliffards but not sure :coffee2: I can say these are in
great shape and they was outside in the weather for about 3 days but
these things are well made :cheers: surface rust I bet will just wipe off.
Has anyone ever did some mode work on these to fit our low deck 170/6 ?
These headers are strong and no dents or damage at all and seem to be made
of heavy steal
I know the front #1 will hit the water pump, but do they hit the block
or anywhere ells, I hate to mess up a perfectly good set of headers :coffee2:

Thank you for your time and input :glasses7:

I just got these and have not wiped them down .

Attachments

• Eastate sale day 003.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 225
  • Eastate sale day 018.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Eastate sale day 019.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 236
Memike, These headers need to be modified to fit the 170. I have done several.
You need to modify the front three pipes, to raise the collector up, so it does not hit the steering box. For manual steering, I just cut a "V" notch in the front three pipes, heat the pipes at that point and bend them up, to raise the collector about 2-3 inches. Then reweld the pipes. If you have power steering the collector needs to be raised even more, and I think you would have to completey section the pipes, not just bend them. A 225 in an early "A" body with power steering needs the same mod. No mod needed with a 225 and manual steering. If the front pipe (#1) hits the water pump rib, you can just grind the rib a little.

Memike, These headers need to be modified to fit the 170. I have done several.
You need to modify the front three pipes, to raise the collector up, so it does not hit the steering box. For manual steering, I just cut a "V" notch in the front three pipes, heat the pipes at that point and bend them up, to raise the collector about 2-3 inches. Then reweld the pipes. If you have power steering the collector needs to be raised even more, and I think you would have to completey section the pipes, not just bend them. A 225 in an early "A" body with power steering needs the same mod. No mod needed with a 225 and manual steering. If the front pipe (#1) hits the water pump rib, you can just grind the rib a little.

Thank you Charrlie :cheers:, I am glad to here that I can do this with out messing with the back three section 8)
First let me thank you for your time :cheers:, and wisdom :glasses7:
I was not sure if these headers would hit the block down low being a 1''
shorter plock, I was thinking about selling these for extra cash for Monster Mopar Strongend on the last of June in Indianapolis this year 8)
But if this will work out and bolt up I am on it like a bug on a rug :D
You will not believe what I paid for this set 8) $17.50 :cheers: so help me this is true Charley :D God's truth :cheers:
My friend up the road has a plasma cuter and a torch :glasses7: and let me say yes! he has dun things like this before :cheers: so 3'' will do it for me..
Thank you sooooooo much again Charrlie_S 8) I am confident know to move forward :cheers:.. send me a bill bud =D>

Attachments

• Eastate sale day.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 185
-
Back