Is it possible Not to use the push button

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
And attach an after market cable shifter on a push button transmission ?

Imperial Services might have the answer. They make conversion cables that allow later transmissions to be used with earlier pushbutton controls. Maybe they do the opposite? The only problem I see is that a pushbutton transmission used a separate "park" cable.

Thank you very much Chief, looks like I am going to need a later model automatic trans and /6 for my conversion, you saved me allot of time and
money in the long run sir. :colors:

The push button on my Signet is a great conversation piece. It's also hooked up to a 62 BB Dynamic 727 race trans and convertor, which shifts like you're shifting with a sludge hammer.. If I ever change it, I'll change the trans as well and it's only too bad I couldn't use this on a different trans.. I haven't any idea why one would want anything else..

Those were used a lot back in the late 60's and 70's. My '64 426 wedge motor car had on in it with a reworked valve body, it launched very hard.

The shifter/push button don't make it launch hard, the trans and T.C does, I just don't want to retrofit one in my 66 Valiant Sedan, I have a pm out to Carrlie_S for an adapter
so I can put a floor shifter in. So I will need a 67 up automatic, there is 66 models out there
but there is more 67 to 87 I believe, or when ever they stopped making the /6 in America
I need something I can use without doing a retro fit, and just instal a good floor shifter in my 66 sedan build.. I don't have a place for it, but I do have a place for a floor shifter.
Thank you for you replies and input on this :glasses7:

The shifter/push button don't make it launch hard, the trans and T.C does, I just don't want to retrofit one in my 66 Valiant Sedan, I have a pm out to Carrlie_S for an adapter
so I can put a floor shifter in. So I will need a 67 up automatic, there is 66 models out there
but there is more 67 to 87 I believe, or when ever they stopped making the /6 in America
I need something I can use without doing a retro fit, and just instal a good floor shifter in my 66 sedan build.. I don't have a place for it, but I do have a place for a floor shifter.
Thank you for you replies and input on this :glasses7:

Keeping the engine you have now... There is not going to be an adapter that will make a big hub fit in to the small crankshaft hole because the hole isn't going to be larger with any adapter since that cast iron won't stretch. The only easy way around this is a special made torque convertor but even then it will matter if your new transmission is a lock up or not. Fishy68 is working on this for another member right now.

Another option is you could always have the crankshaft hole redrilled to accept the bigger hub.

Does Victoria have bucket seats? If so you could go with the floor shifter that the 1966 Barracuda used.

Keeping the engine you have now... There is not going to be an adapter that will make a big hub fit in to the small crankshaft hole because the hole isn't going to be larger with any adapter since that cast iron won't stretch. The only easy way around this is a special made torque convertor but even then it will matter if your new transmission is a lock up or not. Fishy68 is working on this for another member right now.

Another option is you could always have the crankshaft hole redrilled to accept the bigger hub.

Does Victoria have bucket seats? If so you could go with the floor shifter that the 1966 Barracuda used.

Thank you, I miss under stood this part in this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=236515

I am wondering now do I/can I just find a 69 and up crank, but I will see what Fishy68 and Charlie_S finds out, look at the post I added , I had a brain fart and hopefully we can get me moving forward. No bucket seat's , but a cable driven shifter will work if I can get a none push button automatic trans
in her, I dove her today and and she is perfect, but I will need an auto one day soon.

Thank you, I miss under stood this part in this thread http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=236515

I am wondering now do I/can I just find a 69 and up crank, but I will see what Fishy68 and Charlie_S finds out, look at the post I added , I had a brain fart and hopefully we can get me moving forward. No bucket seat's , but a cable driven shifter will work if I can get a none push button automatic trans
in her, I dove her today and and she is perfect, but I will need an auto one day soon.

I wish we weren't so far apart. I have a 75 /6 and an 904 that I would give you.

I wish we weren't so far apart. I have a 75 /6 and an 904 that I would give you.
Be careful I may have to think about having it picked up and shipped my way :D

Are these a matching set you drove and know about Oklacarcollecto ? :D
Miles and time + truck rental may be worth my time to make a trip :D
Do you have a thread some where on this /6 auto set up some where here ?

They are a matching set out of a 75 Dart. Actually the engine is still in the car. I bought the car about 7 years ago out of an estate but never even tried to start it. I was after the big bolt stuff off of it but then I found the Kelsey Hayes sbp for my Barracuda. I sold the bbp disc brakes and the AC parts off the car. No thread because it is too much hassle to ship the large parts. I went through that on the brakes and AC parts so I don't want to do that again. Your RamCharger and a trailer will haul them.

I have a 65 barracuda dash that should slip right in ,and you would never know it was a push button and it has wiring harness right down to the fuse box and I have a from rear seat up parts car I need to have gone by sept 15 if you neeed , seats , doors dash ,wiring harness, heater , air box with cables complete with wiper arm motor and assembliesgr8 doors if your interested in any parts or the rest of the car ,you or any 1 else can hit me up but I have a lot of what you may want or need , just shoot me a pm and I can get most pics sent to you if you send me your e mail or look under search for 64,65,66 barracuda parts for sale but I donot have a motor or tranny for you but I could get a floorshifter from anot6her parts car if you need it put me down in your parts book for 64/65 barracuda"s and pm if you need anything , gl with your build

Does your 66 have a pushbutton transmission now? 65 was the last year, any 66 and later 904 should be able to use the same linkage.

Does your 66 have a pushbutton transmission now? 65 was the last year, any 66 and later 904 should be able to use the same linkage.

I have the standard 3 on the tree, and from everything I have learned I need
a 67 and up 225 short block to build and find an automatic from a 67 to 87 I believe, That is the plan, I have a new big valve head shaved .040 ready here
on the hill. then I can put all my upgrades on it, linkage is not the problem, I will be putting an auto shift (cable drive) in the floor. I have got to get rid of the clutch, I have patients :glasses7:

I have a 65 barracuda dash that should slip right in ,and you would never know it was a push button and it has wiring harness right down to the fuse box and I have a from rear seat up parts car I need to have gone by sept 15 if you neeed , seats , doors dash ,wiring harness, heater , air box with cables complete with wiper arm motor and assembliesgr8 doors if your interested in any parts or the rest of the car ,you or any 1 else can hit me up but I have a lot of what you may want or need , just shoot me a pm and I can get most pics sent to you if you send me your e mail or look under search for 64,65,66 barracuda parts for sale but I donot have a motor or tranny for you but I could get a floorshifter from anot6her parts car if you need it put me down in your parts book for 64/65 barracuda"s and pm if you need anything , gl with your build
Thank you winstoninwisc, I will be looking you up when I get moving on this :colors: But for know I will keep driving my darling the way she is for a while :D

They are a matching set out of a 75 Dart. Actually the engine is still in the car. I bought the car about 7 years ago out of an estate but never even tried to start it. I was after the big bolt stuff off of it but then I found the Kelsey Hayes sbp for my Barracuda. I sold the bbp disc brakes and the AC parts off the car. No thread because it is too much hassle to ship the large parts. I went through that on the brakes and AC parts so I don't want to do that again. Your RamCharger and a trailer will haul them.
I will keep this in mind, all I would be coming after would be the /6 and trans :D
No need for a trailer :D.... I have a few things on my plate right now, I may take you up on this but for know I am sitting still and Thank you very VERY much for the offer :cheers:

-
Back