Is it too early for Christmas tree pics?

-

fratzog lover

Reaction score
Nah. Let's see em!

20221207_183027.jpg

When we started raising our grandson 5 years ago we started a tradition of cutting one down at a Christmas Tree farm. This year's tree is a little larger than we normally get. But I love it. I still need to put my HO train set under it. We got the angel through our credit union rewards program.

20221207_232641.jpg

Growing up, Dad and Mom had bought 10 of Gramps 40 acres. This is a misnomer, as it turns out "the county" owns some of that "right of way" for the road. More like 38 or 39.

Anyhow, "we" always had the run of the full 40. We got firewood, grazed the cow, and grew part of the hay etc, off our 10 as well as Gramps land.

Every year Dad would take us up into the "woods" and cut a Christmas Tree. He ALWAYS tried to pick a decent tree BUT one that was "not perfect" in order to cull the herd while providing a tree. I remember two consecutive Christmas' there was a down tree that had two small ones growing up through part of the damage, very close together. We used 1 each of those for two years. They would have never grown up "straight."

We always set it up in a corner, usually 1 of 2 in the W end of the living room, so the "bad side" of the tree didn't matter. After it was decorated, it REALLY didn't matter

I may have some old slides somewhere, I'll see if I can find one or two

Have a discount farm by me-all trees $20, u cut! They aren’t perfect, but a concolor tree for that price-I’ll take it!

C144140F-06C8-4B78-AC4C-CF5478460534.jpeg

FEECF882-7B2F-4584-AD1C-666841703011.jpeg

I will get a couple pictures up soon, my wife and I live small, a cottage style one bed room with a large bathroom, I designed it, my two sons and I built it, easy to keep cool and heat, and clean.
So don't expect a big tree , and I hope to get it straight as my friend @RustyRatRod

I will get a couple pictures up soon, my wife and I live small, a cottage style one bed room with a large bathroom, I designed it, my two sons and I built it, easy to keep cool and heat, and clean.
So don't expect a big tree , and I hope to get it straight as my friend @RustyRatRod
Trust me, it was pure luck. lol

-
Back