Is my head screwed up

-

moparmarks

zippindippintie
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
because I love the John Wick movies? Very violent movies but I can watch again and again.
How they are filmed is awesome. Wide, full shot instead of an epileptic camera man bouncing around so much you can't tell what is going on.
Can't wait til #4 comes out.
Atomic Blonde is another really good movie with how it is filmed.

I had to look it up
I very quickly scanned through a trailer (took about 40 seconds)
I 'don't think so.' Not my bag 'o tea

These to me very quickly fall down into the bottom of an upside down bell curve of too much special effects, too much invented action, too much musical/ sound effects, too much in general, and likely not very much plot

I very much prefer old westerns.

On the other hand, fantasies about Charlize Theron are difficult to manage

I saw 1 or 2 Wicks movies....not a Keanu fan. Respect he does his own stunts.
Matrix was too far out there for me.
He has a cult following for sure.

Wicks 1 was pretty good. when I got to 2, I realized Wicks has too many lives.
nobody is that much of a badass, except the Equalizer. lol
I bet the Equalizer could take Wick out. LOL

If you like wide screen, check this out (not to mention Steven seagall is a better actor then Keanu reeves)

I had to look it up
I very quickly scanned through a trailer (took about 40 seconds)
I 'don't think so.' Not my bag 'o tea

These to me very quickly fall down into the bottom of an upside down bell curve of too much special effects, too much invented action, too much musical/ sound effects, too much in general, and likely not very much plot

I very much prefer old westerns.

On the other hand, fantasies about Charlize Theron are difficult to manage

Kitty and I leave it on GRIT TV a LOT. lol

We love the John Wick movies. That’s all of us, my wife and two sons of 21 and 23. Very violent for sure but there’s some awful creative killing scenes for sure. So unrealistic of plot and depth that it’s fun and funny. Yea...the killing makes me cringe but in an...ohhhh man....sort of way. Hope it doesn’t make us sound crazy.

I liked the John Wick movies the first time I saw them. Not the type of movies I would watch again and again though. I'm 57 years old.

Now...I can't wait for the new Top Gun to come out!! Saw a series of trailers today. Wow!!

Hard To kill and Under Siege were good but the rest of his movies got kind of stupid and boring.

My wife and I enjoyed the John Wick movies, I didn't care for the Matrix series, too "out there" for me. I'm 57, I like everything from westerns and comedies to sci-fi, we watch a lot of movies and series, just recently finished binge watching Boardwalk Empire and Ray Donovan, both pretty violent storylines. Now we've just started watching Bosch.
When it comes to music, I listen to classic rock, some modern rock, and some country, but I deslike the "hip hop country", that just sucks.

Ya I can't stand rap or hip hop. Hard rock and alterative for me.
I highly recommend Atomic Blonde. Great spy movie that takes place in Germany during the fall on the Berlin Wall. Some of the best fight scenes ever filmed. She is sooooo badass.

Last edited:
I think that one is on the list of soon to watch, as a graphic designer, my wife really enjoys special effects, I do when they are well done, hate the cheap cheesy ones, like the jump scene in the "Gone in 60 Seconds" in the Nic Cage version, the rest of the stunt driving scenes were decent, but I still preferred the 1974 H.B. Halicki original, all those stunts were real, a few were unplanned too. Too bad the script and acting were not so good.

Love them. Just finished watching the first one.
One of the ones you always have to watch when you flip by it. Like forest gump, talladega nights and dumber than dumb.

Ya I can't stand rap or hip hop. Hard rock and alterative for me.
I highly recommend Atomic Blonde. Great spy movie that takes place in Germany during the fall on the Berlin Wall. Some of the best fight scenes ever filmed. She is sooooo badass.

Your just part of what makes the world go round.... Reeves definitely has a following and has done well. Point break is still his best work IMO. The Wick movies are just an over glorified example of Eastwood in his era of killing people left and right. So the good news is you are just as nutty as your neighbor lol...

JW

-
Back