Is supply catching up to demand yet?

-

Revoke36

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’m gonna pull the trigger very soon on a torque converter. Probably Dynamic. Anyone have a TC made recently? What’s the turn around look like? I’m also getting close to buying some trick flow heads but looks like they’re 4 months out? Ugh. I can’t keep waiting 6 months for freaking door panels!!!

Better hope the railroad doesn't go on strike and we don't run out of diesel fuel for our trucker's, or we are in for some big-time trouble.

Now because of the Mississippi river low water level the barges are having to wait for dredging.
This affects all goods that travel the water way.One of the many delays.
I just ordered a aluminum radiator from Summit. January 6 estimate delivery. :BangHead:

I just called in and ordered a custom converter for my Barracuda last Wednesday from Perfect Converter Co. out of Cleveland OH. They gave me a 2-3 week lead time.

As far as the big picture implications of your question : I'd say heading into 2023, we are going to be in the "the plane has hit the side of the mountain" phase of supply chain and economy. I hope I'm wrong!

guess it depends on what you need.

the local mini cooper dealer has more new ones on the lot then it has in a long time. RV dealerships are full. manufacturers laid people off already because of so many sitting on the lots. the local power sports dealer has a full showroom for the first time in 3 years. they have more inventory expected to arrive next week.

Last edited:
Recent events in China = sum ting wong

The world does not work smoothly "lately"

I would say not yet.
Transmission control modules for General Motors 2009-2015 Duramax with Allison transmission are on a national back order for the next 24-36 months at a minimum.

I got lucky and found a new one for $3200. Full dealer retail is $700.

It’s probably going to get worse before it gets better

As mentioned it depends on the item. The local speed shop says nothing has changed over the last year. He was been waiting for a top end for a customer for 18 months now. They quote 8 weeks for lots of items and the aluminum parts seem to be the worst although Classic Industries is saying 24-26 weeks for seat covers. I've almost rounded everything up for my restoration but you have to plan ahead and be patient.

Trickflow heads are in stock at certain places. Stop waiting for your current suppliers foot dragging.

I ordered trickflow 240 and had them in 4 days.

440 source has them in stock.
Also noticed certain suppliers have them in stock via ebay.

Now just to dig up a hydraulic roller cam blank

Cams: 8-10 weeks.
Pistons: 14 weeks (maybe).
Rockers: 20 weeks (if you are lucky).
Valves: 16 weeks (LOL).
Block: 25 weeks (60 weeks and counting and no ship date in sight).

Yeah, it’s getting better. NOT

Trickflow heads are in stock at certain places. Stop waiting for your current suppliers foot dragging.

I ordered trickflow 240 and had them in 4 days.

440 source has them in stock.
Also noticed certain suppliers have them in stock via ebay.

Now just to dig up a hydraulic roller cam blank
I’ve seen them on eBay with. Been very tempted to pay the mark up in exchange of not waiting 4 months.

Look on the bright side. When Ukraine gets done kicking Russia's ***, there will be millions of tons of scrap metal getting recycled to make parts out of!

As long as they don't mess with the beer and whiskey and tobacco etc. :lol:

Last edited:
I hooked up two buddies of mine one being a transmission builder and one needing a big block 727 for his race car. The transmission isn’t out yet and he want a bolt in sprag so I told my buddy to have the guy needing the sprag to order it now, meaning today. It could be three days or six months.

Pretty pathetic when I had to order five 2.05 Ferrea valves and want 16. Couldn’t even buy a single 2.08 valve.

I went through it the other year with Legendary. 6 months plus for seat upholstery. I had gotten impatient and e mailed them right on the day they shipped. The lady was like "we just sent it..." LOL! patience is key these days. With Mopar I had gotten in the habit of not throwing parts out. Thnings that can be rebuilt get shelved etc.

I went through it the other year with Legendary. 6 months plus for seat upholstery. I had gotten impatient and e mailed them right on the day they shipped. The lady was like "we just sent it..." LOL! patience is key these days. With Mopar I had gotten in the habit of not throwing parts out. Thnings that can be rebuilt get shelved etc.

I could bring a grown man to tears with the parts I’ve scraped over my 47 years of racing. Heads, water pumps, starters, alternators, manifolds, exhaust manifolds, stick exhaust, 318 blocks, cast 440 cranks, rods, and that’s just a few.

I scrapped a 360 short block years ago.. wish I hadn't. I tossed a 340 block because of what looked like a crack in the lifter valley, I should have had it checked. I listened to some know it all in vo tech said it was junk ...LOL! young and dumb. I rarely listen to anyone now especially if I didn't ask... There was a time no one wanted the small block stuff. I remember in the 80s no one wanted Mopar in general LOL! it was like only us crazies who like headaches all the time ran Mopar. On the street I'm talking. All ends well though I have 2 340s and a 318 in stock complete engines LOL!

Last edited:
360 blocks and cranks are junk and not worth picking up but if anyone has any message me and I’ll get rid of them for you. Local only please (50 mile area)

Pretty pathetic when I had to order five 2.05 Ferrea valves and want 16. Couldn’t even buy a single 2.08 valve.
Have you ever compared the shape of a Speedmaster valve to the Ferrea that you wanted? Not thinking about running one. Just wondering if they copy the Ferrea profile close enough that a Chevy length 2.08 could be used for single valve head tests like you are doing.

I’ve seen them on eBay with. Been very tempted to pay the mark up in exchange of not waiting 4 months.
Be careful with those sellers, like @pittsburghracer recently said. They take your money and then tell you it's not actually in stock. Check with a trusted dealer first, like B3Racing (@B3RE ), to see about wait times they are seeing for those. I think B3Racing said he would be away for a while on business so responses may be delayed. Also IMM engines or 440source like mentioned.

Now because of the Mississippi river low water level the barges are having to wait for dredging.
This affects all goods that travel the water way.One of the many delays.
I just ordered a aluminum radiator from Summit. January 6 estimate delivery. :BangHead:
True! and you guy's want to take water from it to fill up your lakes! Lol

-
Back