is this 69 dart a decent price?

-
I like that deal. Body looks nice and straight and the moneys RIGHT! Check that out soon.Was it a orginal cali car?

Well yeah!!Can you keep it stored til I come get it??Kidding,looks like a steal to me,these can,t be found around here like that one at that price.angry9:

i would snag it up. great builder from the what i can see. i bet 2000 in cash would take it home.

yes, original cali car....10 years ago i bought my 70 dart in very nice condition for 2000 with slant 6 904, but that was from the original owner.....so, i guess its equivalent...?

It sounds cheap if the body is solid....

looks like a great deal, worth checking it out for sure!

That is a really good price! Grab it! Got mine for about the same value. Traded an old Honda for it. Go for it!

I bet your right 2 grand would take it home but I'd still good about my purchase at $2500
id pay 2500 all day for that. especially if the rust was next to none and the grill, bumpers, tail lights and panel are all nice. every time i see it i want it even more!

okay. great. just got off the phone with the guy..conversation was brief, but its still available, so tomorrow at 11AM i will meet the guy to go check it out. only about a 2 hour drive so shouldn't be too bad....ad says "PRICE IS FIRM!" lol so i doubt he'll take less...i've never bought a car from CL before, so ill have to check it out good....wish i could pull the carpet to see if theres any rust, LOL. dont wanna appear to be an ***. lol

think he'd let me jack the car up and just check everything out? check the trunk, quarters and everything...any other tips yall got.

thanks

check it out real good underneath, take pics. look in the trunk real good, inside the quarters and under the trunk mat if it has one. the front frame rails etc.etc. you know what you are looking for. i think you may have a real decent car there. dont worry about being an ***...tell him you need to look at it real good, its your money

Looks like it's got rubber floor covers , judging by its photos .

IF this car spent any extended period of time near the bay itself , it may have rust in unobvious places ; under the floor covering , trunkwell , windshield / backlight channels .

I can't believe how much these *rough* six banger cars are going for now (!!).
Sounds stupid , but back in the 80's-90's , this particular example would've gone for $200 - $400 ! A legit Swinger 340 , same condition , $800 - $1,500 .

The undeniable up-side to the increase in buy-in prices / restored value is the availability of reproduction parts (used to be super hard to find undamaged parts !) .

In perspective : in Sept 1985 -- I was 15 1/2 -- my dad sold his '69 Dart Custom (LH23D9E) for ...

... $150 !!!!!!!!! :mumum:
It ran bitchin' ! Its body was straight and solid ; interior was rough (cracked dashpad , torn seats, split steeringwheel rim) ; 4-wheel drums ; p/s , WORKING A/C , etc.
Above ALL , it RAN !!

I was -- and *still am* pissed !

*if anyone sees a '69 Dart with Ca lic # YQV 295 , 273 / 904 / 8.75 , lemme know !*

LH, back in 1982 I purchased a 71 Scamp, 225/auto with working a/c for $300.00, and the ONLY 2 things it needed were a new carb gasket and to have the paint compounded out buffed and waxed. It had 79,000 miles on it.
I replaced the gasket, buffed out the body, put a set of American Torque Thrust D's with Goodrich T/A's on it, and added an FM/cd player under the A/C vent. I drove the car trouble free until I sold it in 1986 when I moved from NJ to Georgia. I also sold a 71 Swinger 318/auto with A/C, and a 69 GTX 440/4Bbl/833/Dana.

Now this will make you even more sick... All three cars went for a total of $5500.00 !!!
and I got a lot of grief even at that price, and all of them were clean, rust free, registered and insured and driven regularly. Except for wheels and tires, all were perfectly stock. 25 years later I'm still kicking my self, but we just couldn't take them with us.

Good price even with a rear window that needs to be replaced witch he has for you.
Yes, check it out even if you have to use a mirror, But I am sure he won't mind you looking at it under it, If you have a small floor jack I would bring it with you..
That is a p/s car and a great year model, keep us updated and double check the vin# against the tittle.

wow. thanks for the help everyone! i didnt go look at the car yesterday, i changed my mind about taking off work, i didnt wanna miss a full days pay to go look at something im not sure if i should own....(a third car to work on lol) so i thought tomorrow, (saturday) would be a better day to go check it out, if he still has it...which im sure he does...damn, now i sound like a tire kicker. lol

we'll see what happens tomorrow....:)

I think it looks good and I wouldn't be afraid to pull carpet back a little and look up under dash see if any light is coming through. Try to haggle a little, you don't have to insult, but times are tough out there! and good luck.

I'm surprised it's still available. Take a good flashlight and a long handled inspection mirror. You'll be able to look under the car without crawling all over the ground. He shouldn't mind if you look under the trunk mat. It sure looks worth it in the pics. I'd love to have it! Dan

-
Back