Is this a age difference occurence?

-

SGBARRACUDA

ROY
Legendary Member
Reaction score
I usually meet a buddy of mine or sometimes the wife will go with me to Wawa, a deli/gas station/convenience store and sit outside and have coffee. We seem to notice more and more that women will be driving the car while the husband/boy friend is in the passenger seat. It seems to be that the younger folks are the ones that do this for the most part. I always drive when the wife and I go anywhere unless I'm deathly ill! So I thought I would ask here since the members here cover the age spectrum. Is the female driving a more and more common thing with the younger crowd?

I see more and more of women drivers. I haven't seen a Wawa since I quit driving a truck. We have sheetz here, but not as good as Wawa

I think women generally are more responsible (maybe mothers) and the guys are idiots and have lost they're licences,,,that's what I (an old guy) have been reading into this observation that I've noticed also.
I still drive even if I'm deathly ill, LOL.

She's got the cushy comfy car. Running up the street she'll usually drive, on the big road usually me.

I think women generally are more responsible (maybe mothers) and the guys are idiots and have lost they're licences,,,that's what I (an old guy) have been reading into this observation that I've noticed also.
I still drive even if I'm deathly ill, LOL.

There are idiot drivers and good drivers in both sexes in my opinion. I am a female and i wouldn't trust some of my friends who are girls to drive my lawn tractor. There are some air heads out there who have no concept of the consequences of distracted driving and most of all, driving too fast....especially in parking lots.

On the other side of the fence i see guys are the same way, some responsible good drivers and some idiots who brag about being idiots.

Last time i had a boyfriend, i drove because we were usually in my car and my car is a 4 speed and he couldn't drive a manual and he said he felt weird attempting to drive a car that was not his. I don't have anything to prove and i would get on the passenger side or the middle (with the right guy) but i find that most guys my age do not drive manuals and cant handle an old car very well. These old cars are a lot different than new cars in every way and unless you are like us FABO residents and know your car inside out and backwards, they can be a handful to handle on the highway. I know how my 68 Dart is going to react in every condition because i am the one who put it together, which is the only reason i, and only i drive it.....no other reason, nothing to do with pride or attitude.

Last edited:
Aren't WaWa's great. Reminds me of being back home. (NJ).Well I'm not young anymore, but when I'm with the wife she does the majority of the driving.

men just dont have any standards any more
when me and the missus walk down the sidewalk, i walk on the street side
when we go out to dinner, i face the door
when we go somewhere, i drive her there
when we pass through a door, i open it for her (ok, that one may be partly to check out her tailend)

most time its the girls car or the guy lost his privilege, sadly lot more younger females responsible nuff to keep a car, keep it leagle and keep it running than most young men now days! where i come from if ya dont have license, dont have a car, you not a man! you a juvenal delinquent!

I'm 23, wife is 25, I drive pretty well everywhere when we go somewhere together. We went to pa in February (10 hrs one way) and I did all the driving minus 2 hrs each way. The way home was really fun, late at night, no one else on the road and our 300hp AWD 200C flying down the winding interstates of pa, wv and ky! I love driving when there's no traffic and no cops out!! :D

men just dont have any standards any more
when me and the missus walk down the sidewalk, i walk on the street side
when we go out to dinner, i face the door
when we go somewhere, i drive her there
when we pass through a door, i open it for her (ok, that one may be partly to check out her tailend)
Same here. I never think to face the door when we go out to eat but now that I think about it I subconsciously sit that way most of the time!

I see more and more of women drivers. I haven't seen a Wawa since I quit driving a truck. We have sheetz here, but not as good as Wawa
wawa keep a outtastate truck driver from starving a many times!! im living proof of that fact! cumberland farms to for that matter!

Yo!! You don't get it Homey!! They don't have to drive, 'cause they got their bitches to ride 'em around in their car, they're the king,...just chillin'..............

That all said, for the most part, my generation is a damn joke!! Millenials agravate the living piss out of me!! Gen X kids (for the most part) aren't any better. There are a few of us out there that are the exception. Not to honk my own horn but we got married when I was 19 and she was 21, no kids yet, bought our first house right before we got married, bought a farm 2 years ago and put up 2 poultry houses and now I run one and Marge runs the other. She is more into the business/accounting side of things and I enjoy being out on the farm, fixing fence, mowing, etc. But like I said, I may be an exception, I prefer my country life, get tired of the city QUICK, always preferred classic stuff and am a self proclaimed redneck! :confederateflag::lol:

Last edited:
Here in Ontario Canada most under 25 guys pay as much as double the insurance as the girls do. An accident and a couple of tickets will make it economically impossible for them to drive. That being said most people do not pay attention when they drive and age and gender has little to do with it. I work in a body shop and the best invention our shop has seen in the last 20 years is the CELL PHONE

Most young guys have lost their license.
When we go on long trips, I am in the passenger seat, because she has the 4 door sedan, and we normally have grand-kids with us.
And she does not like my driving.

That brings up another point. I won't drive her car. I don't like new cars. When we go ANYWHERE it will be in my 07 2500 4x4 CTD quad cab.

I have noticed the teenagers of today could care less if they have a license or not. I dont understand it I could not wait to drive.

I have noticed the teenagers of today could care less if they have a license or not. I dont understand it I could not wait to drive.

That's because when you were young the world was out there and a car meant untethered access to it. Now-a-days the "world" is right there in his hand or on his desk.

-
Back