Is this a age difference occurence?

-
I drive when we go places 95% of the time.

I have noticed that a lot of young guys have no desire to get their license for some reason. Maybe that's why ya see more women driving their guys around.

The rice crowd usually has the girl driving because the guy has lost his license street racing. Many young ladies like the "F&F" scene with their own pathetic bolt ons (on car and chest!) and -20 degree camber wheels. I let the old lady drive me when I get home, Im tired of traffic by then but she refuses to drive "Christine"...seems every car I had was named Christine by her.

I worked with a guy that had three boys, one that was the oldest and then the other two were twins. He made a deal with all three of them that my buddy John would buy them each a car if they would work and pay for the gas and insurance. Can you believe all three of them said Nah, they would just ride around with there friends! One of the three turned out ok, the other two ain't worth a bullet!

I worked with a guy that had three boys, one that was the oldest and then the other two were twins. He made a deal with all three of them that my buddy John would buy them each a car if they would work and pay for the gas and insurance. Can you believe all three of them said Nah, they would just ride around with there friends! One of the three turned out ok, the other two ain't worth a bullet!

Yes. I totally believe it.

wow, that is a smoking deal, because they could have used liability insurance and just been real careful.

tell John he can buy me car anyday

I drive more than 90% of the time if Kitty and I are together. There are some rare occasions where, if I don't feel good, or if I have even one beer, where Kitty does drive. I don't like her driving at night much, because her vision is not good at night.

Last edited:
Kinda depends at my house. Running errands, if we take her car, 06 Magnum, she drives. If we take mine, 06 G/Caravan, I drive. If we're just out or cruising in an old car, I usually drive.
My wife drives for a living, so I mostly trust her. But she can scare the piss out of me. But my uncles and cousins are OTR truckers and they scare me too, so I've decided it's not just her.
I think some of these kids are just lazy and if they can find a girl to haul them around, more power to her.
My son, now he's the exception. He couldn't get driving fast enough. He loves to drive and he loves cars. His girlfriend drives very little.

snhvea1.jpg

Kinda depends at my house. Running errands, if we take her car, 06 Magnum, she drives. If we take mine, 06 G/Caravan, I drive. If we're just out or cruising in an old car, I usually drive.
My wife drives for a living, so I mostly trust her. But she can scare the piss out of me. But my uncles and cousins are OTR truckers and they scare me too, so I've decided it's not just her.
I think some of these kids are just lazy and if they can find a girl to haul them around, more power to her.
My son, now he's the exception. He couldn't get driving fast enough. He loves to drive and he loves cars. His girlfriend drives very little.

View attachment 1715030614
Half our vehicles are manuals. Actually the car we drive the most (02 PT Cruiser farm beater) is a 5 speed. My wife has even gotten pretty good at driving a stick

men just dont have any standards any more
when me and the missus walk down the sidewalk, i walk on the street side
when we go out to dinner, i face the door
when we go somewhere, i drive her there
when we pass through a door, i open it for her (ok, that one may be partly to check out her tailend)
The culture of the dominant male has eroded in the name of "Gender Equality". With that comes a few bad side effects. Yes, Women are equal but many of the sensible men already knew that without the Media or Government telling us.
I can't help but hold onto many of the old time habits. I hold doors for my Wife but also most anyone nearby. I walk DOWN stairs ahead of her but follow her UP the stairs. This is to protect her in case she falls.

My women would love to drive my cars but one is a manual (I'm teaching her but it's scary and not fun for my car..) and the other is a race car with a hard mount seat welded to the car and tied into the cage.. at 5' to my 6' 1" she ain't even close to touching the pedals... Dose the NHRA alow blocks strapped to shoes?
:)

I'm old-school and do the driving. I see the kids, girls driving, meat puppet tatted up pincusions too stoned to turn the key. Like to drag them through the wing window and lock them under the hood.
Oops, was that out loud???

My wife usually drives when we go somewhere. We've been married 46 years, so we aren't exactly young. There is a very simple reason. She is the world's WORST back seat driver. If I drive, she constantly critiques my driving and the driving of every other person on the road. It isn't worth driving and listening to it. I just listen to the radio and or read.

My wife is the greatest woman that I have ever known. I loved my Mom but truth is truth.
The wife never complains about my driving. She has a way of letting me know that I am getting a bit too aggressive, usually grabbing a handle tells me that I need to ease off a bit.
When we are out, I drive 90% of the time. I don't mind her driving, she just prefers to let me, even in the 2015 Challenger that I bought for her.
I see guys in their 20s and 30s in the passenger seat quite a bit. Since I can be a judgemental prick and make rash, instant assessments based on zero factual data.... I lump them in with the other limp wristed guys wearing flannel shirts, full beards and tattoos that can't even change a flat tire.
These guys work jerkoff jobs at a coffee shop or Wal Mart, still live in the same house they lived during puberty and probably voted for Hillary.

That's because when you were young the world was out there and a car meant untethered access to it. Now-a-days the "world" is right there in his hand or on his desk.
Unfortunately many of them think the world at their finger tips is the "Real World"

These girls today are nuts. No way would I cart him around in my new Toyota if I was her. But then no car, no license, no job will do that to these feminists in training.

My wife and I usually split the around town driving, If we're in hers she drives and me in mine. She prefers I drive on the highway but will take the wheel with no problem. I agree some kids today are different, waiting until there late teens or early 20's to get their license. I believe social media and in home gaming has a lot to do with it. Kids don't need to get out like we did to interact with their friends. Sad in my opinion, but I don't see it changing or getting any better.

Last edited:
I am a horrible passenger...I drive when we go anywhere even though truth be known My Wife is a better driver than I am. When I married my 1st wife at 18 I had lost my licence so she drove but that was the only time. Things change with time and I tend to not worry too much about stuff I have no control over....It is what it is.

I think its a Independence thing with milleniel women(my daughter)
And combine the fact that the men (boys) in the same category are mostly jobless lazy f***s that barely know how to wipe their own ***.............

My wife claims she hates the way I drive and chooses to drive. Which at first kind of bugged me, but after a while I saw that whenever I did drive, she was a nervous wreck. She's a pretty bad passenger and a pretty bad copilot ("Come on babe, left or right?!"... She freaks out, I go straight, she gets mad that I didn't give her enough of a heads up, I laugh, etc.) which I caught wind of pretty quickly.

So, I weighed out my options...

1) I drive and have a wife that is completely stressed out and not very pleasant to be around (although I love her to death even when she's not pleasant to be around haha)

2) She drives, I sit in the passenger seat, help copilot and relax. I have my moments of being a crappy passenger, but that's only when my wife passes a perfectly good curbside spot because she's afraid to parallel park (hate hate hate).

I guess I could be considered part of the "younger crowd" on this site (I'm 31), and I guess it could be a generational thing. My brothers and I were taught by our Old Man to always drive when with a girl, but that logic seems to be shifting with the years that pass.

Does it make me less of a man? Hell no. Because at the end of the day, my wife's happy, I'm happy, which usually means my chances of getting laid are higher than those guys who choose to be stubborn and drive their pissed off wives around all day lol

Owning a business and having to deal with today's labor pool.... Millennial guys are worthless! I would (and do) hire an 80lb girl to do construction over these "men".

Many of the younger worthwhile girls now are dating guys 20yrs older. My friend's daughter's told me that guys thier age would rather play video games then have sex!

-
Back