Is this an oil slinger for a Magnum or LA

-

maca

Reaction score
Hey guys I know some of the LA engines have a metal oil Slinger but I've noticed the Magnums dont run one. In my rebuild kits I noticed that there is a felt looking Circle which I'm not sure where it goes. Any ideas

15370828077741714001703496003367.jpg

LA ...my Stock Magnum upon disassembling, did not have one .
( my opinion). I installed a LA front cover ,on it..
Let's learn together...

It goes behind the harmonic balancer to keep dirt and grit out of the front crank seal.

Check it for fit, it should fit nicely in the recessed area on the back side.

It goes behind the harmonic balancer to keep dirt and grit out of the front crank seal.

Check it for fit, it should fit nicely in the recessed area on the back side.
Bruce, nice knowledge....

Thanks for that info. Every time I build an engine the rear main and the front Seal seam to leak after a few months.

I did a cam swap and I got one of those felt washers in the kit, it took me a bit to figure it out.

I tried putting it in the balancer and it fit like a glove, and didn't hinder the balancer from going on.

Try fitting it in there, and then slide it over the crank snout to check for fit, I bet it fits perfect.

Every time I build an engine the rear main and the front Seal seam to leak after a few months.

When installing the seal put a bit of grease on the seal where it contacts the crank, that way it isn't "dry" on startup.

-
Back