Is this LCA pin shot?

-

jtolbert

Reaction score
So, I pulled all the stuff off the junk k-member that came in my '67 Valiant. Looks like someone was running poly LCA bushings. Neat. However, the LCA pivot pins seem to be somewhat chewed up in the area that runs into the k-member. Is this pin shot, or is it reusable?

IMG_2568.jpg

The pins rotated in the k-member as I was trying to remove the nut, but the pins slid out of the LCAs very easily and I was able to hold the pins still with some pliers on the inner bushing shell.

The LCAs have the earlier swaybar tabs, so I'm probably going to clean them up and install new rubber bushings, then put them up for sale...

I'd replace them if I had spares, but I'd probably run them if I didn't...........

So, I pulled all the stuff off the junk k-member that came in my '67 Valiant. Looks like someone was running poly LCA bushings. Neat. However, the LCA pivot pins seem to be somewhat chewed up in the area that runs into the k-member. Is this pin shot, or is it reusable?

IMG_2568.jpg

The pins rotated in the k-member as I was trying to remove the nut, but the pins slid out of the LCAs very easily and I was able to hold the pins still with some pliers on the inner bushing shell.

The LCAs have the earlier swaybar tabs, so I'm probably going to clean them up and install new rubber bushings, then put them up for sale...
It looks ok to me. I've never seen one break.

Thanks for the answer, cudamark and everyone else. Do people usually sand-blast the k-member side of these things?

-
Back