Exhaust for 360 to fit on a 74 Duster?

-

Ashley P

Reaction score
Hey all! Just purchased a '74 Duster project with a rebuilt 360 and the stock manifolds (or any manifolds for that matter) are missing. Are there any headers that will work with my power steering box? Thanks all!

My preference is manifolds. I don't want to have to worry about the fit with headers..
My preference is manifolds. I don't want to have to worry about the fit with headers..
You can use B-body and E-body log style manifolds. They work, I've installed them on both of my Dusters. Of course, A-body 340 exhaust manifolds work as well, but can be more expensive depending on year. Headers, all brands will work, some fit better than others. I just installed a set of Dougs and they fit like a glove, but I've also installed the cheapies like hedmans, cyclones and the such, and they fit well too - after a ding or two (and they hang a little lower). Headers can be a challenge if you are not used to putting them on. But here is the basic idea - a video I made.

If you are thinking manifolds, the A Body 340/360 manifolds from 68 on up will work. But A Body only.

You can use B-body and E-body log style manifolds. They work, I've installed them on both of my Dusters. Of course, A-body 340 exhaust manifolds work as well, but can be more expensive depending on year. Headers, all brands will work, some fit better than others. I just installed a set of Dougs and they fit like a glove, but I've also installed the cheapies like hedmans, cyclones and the such, and they fit well too - after a ding or two (and they hang a little lower). Headers can be a challenge if you are not used to putting them on. But here is the basic idea - a video I made.

Thanks a lot! I'm gathering all the info I can to make the best decision, helps to know it's possible to do headers :)

Thanks a lot! I'm gathering all the info I can to make the best decision, helps to know it's possible to do headers :)
Also, if you go manifolds, TTI has head pipes that makes running dual exhaust much easier. Just need your manifold numbers. I've bought 2 sets from them. Well made and fit great.

B body manifolds work

20191008_113731.jpg

I ordered complete stock exhaust system from Waldron. Was reasonably priced and fit well.

Just to clarify, did you order manifolds and stock exhaust system for A body or B body? Thanks!

My car has a 70s 360 in it. It had crappy headers on it when I bought it. I took them off. I bought some 73 340 A body exhaust manifolds from a friend and I ordered a stock exhaust from Waldron. I got the head pipes for 73 duster to match the manifolds and the rest for a 69 barracuda to match the car. It worked out well.

The later 73 manifolds were a lot cheaper than the 69 340 manifolds. Mine is a daily driver, so I didn’t really care about the performance difference.

Most folks say b body manifolds won’t work on the driver side, but I have never tried.

On my 73 duster, I ordered head-pipes from Accurate Ltd to get me down to the cross-member and hooked those to a 2 1/2" header back kit from either Summit or Jegs. 2" Head-pipes from Accurate fit like a glove. I'm sure the flow is not the greatest, but I think plenty for my basically stock 318. Older guys have said it sounds similar to stock musclecars back in the day.

My car has a 70s 360 in it. It had crappy headers on it when I bought it. I took them off. I bought some 73 340 A body exhaust manifolds from a friend and I ordered a stock exhaust from Waldron. I got the head pipes for 73 duster to match the manifolds and the rest for a 69 barracuda to match the car. It worked out well.

The later 73 manifolds were a lot cheaper than the 69 340 manifolds. Mine is a daily driver, so I didn’t really care about the performance difference.

Most folks say b body manifolds won’t work on the driver side, but I have never tried.
did you get aluminized or stainless from Waldron?

I think I bought the aluminized one. The whole system was about $500 with the imposter mufflers, but without chrome tips. That was shipped fastenal. It was about half price of Accurate & fit nicely. I would definitely use them again.

I think I bought the aluminized one. The whole system was about $500 with the imposter mufflers, but without chrome tips. That was shipped fastenal. It was about half price of Accurate & fit nicely. I would definitely use them again.
Thanks, just went on their site to check out their products for my cuda. I think with the clamps, aluminized uncut pipes(cost more for shipping but don't want to f--- around fitting them) without tips and the imposter mufflers was a bit more than $550. Do you like the mufflers?

Thanks, just went on their site to check out their products for my cuda. I think with the clamps, aluminized uncut pipes(cost more for shipping but don't want to f--- around fitting them) without tips and the imposter mufflers was a bit more than $550. Do you like the mufflers?

I bought the uncut pipes too, worked out well. The imposter mufflers were a little louder than I expected, but I have grown to like the sound. If you want a quiet car, they are not for you. They are medium loud, based on an old guys ears. I plastered the whole inside of my car and trunk with a dynamat clone, so it is pretty quiet inside.

I bought the uncut pipes too, worked out well. The imposter mufflers were a little louder than I expected, but I have grown to like the sound. If you want a quiet car, they are not for you. They are medium loud, based on an old guys ears. I plastered the whole inside of my car and trunk with a dynamat clone, so it is pretty quiet inside.
Right now mine has some type of red glass packs, (the rest of the exhaust is stock) according to the 2nd owner were installed in early 70's after the car was "borrowed" from his driveway by joy riding kids and left on a farmers stone row in Mn. So I can appreciate loud at "67" old guys ears.

-
Back