It’s about that time

-

TheGrateRonzini

Reaction score
E73E5E46-B857-4CA8-893E-A1760893D948.jpeg
4C87E8BB-B254-4197-9A85-7E855E9267BC.jpeg
Soooo, I got a 671 core at carlisle, along with a 2x4 offy intake for my 400, or for that matter any B block that I may come across. I’ve done quite a bit of research on rebuilding the sucker and it doesn’t seem to be outside the realm of possibility. A good friend at the machine shop that will stay after for a 30 rack helps a ton. Anyway, at this point a B block blower manifold is pretty expensive. Especially since most of them need to be made anyway. Anybody have experience fabbing the mani? Purchasing a dust collector not out of the question either. I don’t know if anyone here has converted the diesel blower to gas or not. It seems pretty straightforward with what i have gathered. I have about 8.2:1 comp and a 110 centerline on my cam. I feel even at low boost, and two 750’s I can really get her moving. I figure my mild build will hold up. Might change out rods,and at least bolts. Yes I realize I may only save 1000$ on doing it myself. I would rather collect the parts and play. And with no real time frame, I can gather ideas

your bud will have to machine the intake carb surface exactly parallel to the head surface. then make an adaptor to get the blower bolted on. make it a setback back type and use a longer drive snout. you can buy a 2-4 barrel carb adaptor or buy one.

I looked at that same blower core at Carlisle, the price was right on it. I almost bought it.

I only seen one, the rotors looked rough.

-
Back