Items bought from FABO guys

-

ParDaddy

Look Momma, I'm going fast
Reaction score
Good morning everybody, just kind of wanted to put this out there and ask if you buy something off of a member on here what is considered normal shipping time, like if I would pay for it today how long should I be waiting for it to be shipped? Reason I ask, waiting on a carburetor to drive my car I've needed it for exactly a week now and I bought one off of a guy one Thursday who said that it would be shipped and then I got a message Sunday night that he was going to ship it Monday and I have not received a confirmation on that...

Good morning everybody, just kind of wanted to put this out there and ask if you buy something off of a member on here what is considered normal shipping time, like if I would pay for it today how long should I be waiting for it to be shipped? Reason I ask, waiting on a carburetor to drive my car I've needed it for exactly a week now and I bought one off of a guy one Thursday who said that it would be shipped and then I got a message Sunday night that he was going to ship it Monday and I have not received a confirmation on that...
Have you asked the buyer? I would do that before starting a thread. Not everybody lives next to a post office. My wife and I for example, live in a very rural area and only get to town once or twice a week. It's not even been a week since you purchased and you're starting a possible bash thread already.

Depends on where it comes from & the distance it has to travel I myself never had problem. Good people on here. Ive always had gotten a tracking number within a few days. Some time life gets in the way. He should explain whats up.

Have you asked the buyer? I would do that before starting a thread. Not everybody lives next to a post office. My wife and I for example, live in a very rural area and only get to town once or twice a week. It's not even been a week since you purchased and you're starting a possible bash thread already.
Whoa guy, bash thread? Holy take it ez my dude... How else am I supposed to ask a question rather than starting a thread? And that's simply all this is, a guy nonspecifically asking a question about shipping and at least getting one decent answer...

Have you tried to contact the seller again?
Yes I actually had messaged the gentleman back and forth and I believe life is just slowing this down I think I kind of got my answers, waiting a week before asking again and just trying to be patient I think is my best bet...
I'm anxious, it's me.. love driving my mopars!
But for the most part yeah everybody does seem real decent in this forum minus a couple knuckleheads but I've encountered that all my life so it's no big deal.

J it will be shipped next time call me. The guys on here are very tall standing on parts.

Hey thanks everyone! I know I'm anxious about it, I'm the same way I'm about to put one on the road every single time but thank you all just the same!

You anxious no way. Guys i know him really wants his car going and a younger member also.

Whoa guy, bash thread? Holy take it ez my dude... How else am I supposed to ask a question rather than starting a thread? And that's simply all this is, a guy nonspecifically asking a question about shipping and at least getting one decent answer...
I'm not talkin about you doin any bashing. They always come out of the woodwork and a lot of times they end up wrong.

This should really be able to say it all...

upload_2022-8-9_9-27-8.png

I think a reasonable time to ship a smaller item is 2-3 days after the agreement is made. Larger items up to a week but I really think communication between buyer and seller is key. Life comes at us fast and **** happens but when the other half of the transaction does not know about it.............well it becomes sour. I've bought and sold a lot of stuff from members here and have always had great experiences. It only takes a second to bang out a message that something has been delayed or if you need something quicker, let the seller know. Members on this site are solid.

Communication is key!

When a person buys a part from an individual, good to just ask for a tracking number be sent to your email when it ships.
And when you pay, ask when will it will go out. If he sends no track #, assume it did not get in the mail.

It would be reasonable to expect the item a week from the actual shipping time.
If it's not there in 2 weeks, I would call him.
Don't count the weekends...
I've had items shipped to me and they were here in 2 days, and some took 2 weeks.
And if someone is shipping from the U.S.A. to Canada, remember to expect it to be stuck at customs for a few days.
Oh, and always get a tracking number!

This should really be able to say it all...

View attachment 1715967978

To be fair, I don't mean to come across as being sarky about your concern. In general it's a legit concern but this forum and the way in which is operates give us tools to evaluate potential risk etc.

I made a pretty large purchase last year ($1500 for an E-Body vert windshield frame) and the seller didn't have much of a presence overall but I asked individuals whom I judged trustworthy and who'd been around a lot longer than I had. Could it still have gone south? Of course, but I did MY due diligence and it wasn't that hard. At the end of the day, life is too short to worry about a few days.

And even though you don't think of this is a bash post, it's pretty close. That said I do realize you didn't name him right off the bat and were just trying to get peace of mind. It can put sellers on unnecessary notice though and leave a stain.

When someone sells a item they need to go to the post office when they receive the money and not when they make their normal post office trips, I'm not saying that's what you do RustyRatRod. I think that he should have contacted the seller first, maybe he has but almost a week and nothing? Another reason why I don't shop online. If he's already paid for the carburetor it should have already been shipped to him.

Every person and every part is different. This is a question you need to ask before you buy the parts.

Every person and every part is different. This is a question you need to ask before you buy the parts.
True, and I agree with you but the seller should do what they say. I've heard enough horror stories about people getting buried buying online from individuals and that's why I don't buy online.

It totally depends on the seller. There are some sellers here that basically sell parts as a side business, and I would expect those to ship within a few days.

But there are also a lot of people on here just selling a few leftover items here and there. They have regular lives, jobs, may live a long way from a post office or shipping center, etc. And I wouldn’t expect someone to make a 1 hour round trip to drop off a $20 part at the post office, that’s stupid. Now, a $1,500 part to me would warrant an extra trip, so it depends on the item too.

But the seller should also be clear about that, when I sell stuff I usually put it right in the ad or with my first contact with the buyer that I work 48 hour shifts with the possibility of mandatory overtime, so depending on when the payment comes in I may ship the same or next day or easily up to 3-4 days later depending on how my shifts fall within the week.

And some of that is on the buyer too, if it takes 3-4 days to get the payment I’m not gonna drop everything and run to the post office that second. If I get payment immediately I’ll do my best to ship as quickly as I can too.

It totally depends on the seller. There are some sellers here that basically sell parts as a side business, and I would expect those to ship within a few days.

But there are also a lot of people on here just selling a few leftover items here and there. They have regular lives, jobs, may live a long way from a post office or shipping center, etc. And I wouldn’t expect someone to make a 1 hour round trip to drop off a $20 part at the post office, that’s stupid. Now, a $1,500 part to me would warrant an extra trip, so it depends on the item too.

But the seller should also be clear about that, when I sell stuff I usually put it right in the ad or with my first contact with the buyer that I work 48 hour shifts with the possibility of mandatory overtime, so depending on when the payment comes in I may ship the same or next day or easily up to 3-4 days later depending on how my shifts fall within the week.

And some of that is on the buyer too, if it takes 3-4 days to get the payment I’m not gonna drop everything and run to the post office that second. If I get payment immediately I’ll do my best to ship as quickly as I can too.
I don't expect anyone to make a special trip either and that can be avoided by taking the part with them when they go to work and they could drop off the part before or after work. You must be on call of some sort nobody works a 48 hour shift, that's 2 days straight with out rest, no way

I don't expect anyone to make a special trip either and that can be avoided by taking the part with them when they go to work and they could drop off the park before or after work. You must be on call of some sort nobody works a 48 hour shift, that's 4 days straight with out rest, no way

First, 48 hours is 2 days straight, not 4. Although with staffing shortages lately it’s not unusual to be mandatoried into 72 or 96 hour shifts. And the 48/96 (two on, 4 off) is a fairly standard schedule for municipal firefighters.

Yea, everyone does not live in town and price of gas, not everyone wants to make the trip that day for a $20 piece. I seldom sell any parts anymore, but if I do I try to tell the buyer when I will get to the P.O. I tell the buyer that after he pays for the part, as half the time the guy blows it off and never hear back or he pays 3 days after the fact. I am so glad I seldom fool with selling anything.

Yea, everyone does not live in town and price of gas, not everyone wants to make the trip that day for a $20 piece. I seldom sell any parts anymore, but if I do I try to tell the buyer when I will get to the P.O. I tell the buyer that after he pays for the part, as half the time the guy blows it off and never hear back or he pays 3 days after the fact. I am so glad I seldom fool with selling anything.

Exactly. And how many members on the board are retired and not making regular trips into work? Or, you know, work hours that mean they can't drop anything off on the way to, or home from work because nothing is open?

To me this is just a communication point. Be up front with what the shipping timeline will be, give a tracking number as soon as you've got one, etc. I take pictures of the items I send now before I pack them up and afterward, so I can show the buyer what everything looked like when it went in the box and the condition of the darn box too in case there's a problem later and to have documentation in case someone tries to scam me.

First, 48 hours is 2 days straight, not 4. Although with staffing shortages lately it’s not unusual to be mandatoried into 72 or 96 hour shifts. And the 48/96 (two on, 4 off) is a fairly standard schedule for municipal firefighters.
That's what I thought. I personally want to THANK YOU for being a firefighter as I know that it's not a easy job, it has to be both a physical and mental drain.

-
Back