Its Mushroom season...

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Been a while since I have been here. Jacked my back, back up and have been really down and not wanting to live anymore... So, I am trying to boost my mood and spend time in nature. I am only allowed to work four hours a day, so I get to spend time walking awesome nature trails, when my back allows. I have been finding lots mushrooms and a few animals. I have a sort of fascination with mushrooms. I took photos of some, but found some really incredible ones. I found some of the most deadly as well. I found several patches of Deadly Conocybe and I think some Destroying Angel. Its crazy to me how many different kinds of mushrooms there are and how toxic and deadly they can be. Anyway, here are a few photos of my recent mood boosting trips.

Nice photos! I would suggest making contact with a local "mushroom club" if you want to learn more. I grew up hunting mushrooms with my mother, but have drifted away from the hobby in recent years. Here's a link to our local organization: http://www.simykos.org/ PM me and I can probably point you toward a club in your area.

I likes me a mushroom.

The more exotic, the better.

Local supermarket used to have a couple different "three packs" each with three of the more "uncommon" common types.

I have a "pocket" field guide, somewhere. It's as thick as a phone book.

Hay J mac, walking and enjoying mother nature is a great way to clear my head and take in the simple things in life when I can :cheers: My favorite time of year is here now, slow one step tracking deer an turkey activity and sometimes getting lucky and spooking a few young does up from bedding :tongue9: We had more mushrooms this year then I can remember and looks like a good acorn crop is falling out of the oak tree's.
You sure have a way with your camera :cheers: thank you for sharing your day with us, I hope to walk out to a near by pond this evening and put some filets in my freezer if I can find my bug spray I put on my shoes,pants and mid shirt area, the rancher next door has not mowed the weed's/grass in a while.
I took these pictures walking my hill back about 7 weeks ago, I don't know squat about mushrooms and just mow them down . but I could not pass them by with out taking a picture :coffee2:

Attachments

• 8 14 )))))))))) 032.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 8 14 )))))))))) 034.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 151
  • 8 14 )))))))))) 035.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 152
  • 8 14 )))))))))) 036.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 158
  • 8 14 )))))))))) 033.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 152
  • 2013 STRWBERRY 059.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 149
look what I found in my yard the other day! That is my size 12 boot next to it!

Attachments

• Huge shroom - small.JPG
    205.4 KB · Views: 125
Dang Jeremy, sorry to hear about your back giving you troubles again! I'm glad to see you are taking in some of the sights and sounds that mother nature has to offer. There is nothing better at putting me at peace with myself than going for a nature walk, or sitting beside a river or stream with a fishing pole in my hand and just taking it all in.

I hope things improve for you, and that your time with nature helps bring you some peace and solitude during your recent setback.

Sorry to hear your back's messed up, stay positive. I always enjoy your photography. That first one of the trail is very soothing. Thanks for sharing.

-
Back