its not a mopar, but its a DEAL

-

rabius75

Reaction score
i am soon to be the owner of a 79 camaro. its not a mopar, but for $400 its in excellent shape. body work, seats, dash pad and a tranny is all it NEEDS, but not all its gonna get. i think ill get my grandma to build the motor for it since they are so easy to do ;) j/k. im going to buy a slightly used gm crate 350 from my girlfriends brother later on. im getting the car from my girl's aunt. after i get the car paid for, im going to put new gears and lsd in my valiant. the only reason im buying the camaro is because that is one helluva deal, i can get it done quickly, and, i have to show up a friend of mine who thinks his 75 with a 327 is the hotness (its extremely clean.. nice car.. but im gonna show him what a timeslip really is :) )

which also reminds me, he runs low 9s consistently in the 8th. BUT my buddy jake has a 90 rx-7 N/A, he cut an 8.9 with less than a tenth second R/T (i dont remember the exact number..) but he was running a 96 camaro not against andrew and his 75.
they are bandmates, and have a competition going to see who is faster...

ok. so.. dont hate me because im going to own a chebby.. you guys know where my loyalties are.

well, a 350 is much cheaper and easier to find... and you know, if i could find a 360 ready to run for $500, id put it in there just to be a smart *** :)
and i DID think about keeping the stock 305 and building it up because it just has less bore, same stroke as a 350... which is less than a 360 (3.48 vs 3.58).

and his has a 327, so a 340 is bigger :)

-
Back