Jackin in the garage.

-

67Dart440GT

Seriously Long Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, well now that I have your attention, I am looking for some help selecting a new floor jack :mrgreen:

After TWO Craftsman (Crapsman) failures I refuse to buy another... what ever happened to a floor jack that lasts 20 years? Oh I know, because Shin Fu makes all of them. So I headed to Harbor Freight today to look at jacks, and after picking one out I was told it was sold out... Oh well, it was a Shin Fu Tu! :mrgreen:

I decided to go to Menards and get a brake flaring kit, and after MUCH searching I found some with MADE IN USA on them. Sealed the deal for me!
I guess what I am getting at is why do people keep buying this Chinese ****? Cheap? Of course!! Shin Funkin Fu!

Anybody point me in the direction of a good AMERICAN made floor jack?

Rant off thanks for your time.

Also I took my old Shin Fu to the Scraper today and got $13. Felt great to pitch it as far as I could throw it from my truck. :pirate:

People buy it because the American market has failed to keep compeditive. Forgein markets have dominated this country for awhile now. Not to mention you get the ones that say assembled in the USA but the parts come from China. I bought a harbor freight jack 2 years ago and have had no problems with it. I bought the orange 3 ton.

People buy it because the American market has failed to keep compeditive. Forgein markets have dominated this country for awhile now. Not to mention you get the ones that say assembled in the USA but the parts come from China. I bought a harbor freight jack 2 years ago and have had no problems with it. I bought the orange 3 ton.

Yep. Shin fu is made in the US. Don't ask where the parts come from.

I use bottle jacks. Damn thing will lift a semi, which they do when needed

It is too bad the Craftsman went bad, It had a nice long reach, was a heavy duty one, and had the two pump system to get the jack to the car faster. Funny thing, I went on Sears.com and found the same jack I had. $149,00 81 reviews and a rating of 1.5. All the reviews are the same issue I had with mine, no replacement parts either.

I dont need one. I gotta chinkese one from harbor freight. LOL

I read that too. Says IMPORTED right on the page in bright red! Bastards! Guess I will have to find a new Shin Fu tu lift my Dodge.

IS there a floor jack still made here? My Snap On guy says theirs are even imported now.
Shin Fu is a USA built company.
I just checked on my Mac website and Mac, Matco, and Snap On are all Shin Fu
Craftsman,Sunnex, and Cornwell are China built along with other cheap brands.
Shin Fu also builds jacks under the old Made in USA "Hein Werner" name which is also OTC.

Hate to bust your bubble there but the small floor jacks are imported. Says so right on the page. http://usjack.com/catalog/Page 13.pdf
No bubble burst my friend, :glasses8: The bottle jacks and floor jacks that I bought for the shop has Made in USA on them and it was on the crating that they came in. No small bottle jacks in our shop. I don't see them as being disingenuous as the clearly labeled the 2 imported jacks as "imported" and the numerous other jacks as American made with American parts. Sorry for adding usjack to the mix, Shin Fu for you! (hey that rhymes!)

I have a orange one from Harbor Freight. It's heavy to move around but it works well. 6 or 7 years old now.

While were on the subject of made in China crap..,the "factory" made in America front wheel bearing/hub on my truck lasted over 100k..since i've had to replace it 3 more times..reason..made in China crap!!!

I read that too. Says IMPORTED right on the page in bright red! Bastards! Guess I will have to find a new Shin Fu tu lift my Dodge.
67dart, you live in WI like me, I got mine from Fleet Farm, I think there is one by you, I saw that you went to Manards I always try to get stuff from fleet farm, I bought my floor jack from them about 6 years ago, at that time it was made in the usa, but I haven't looked lately maybe fleet farms are China now too, but it's worth a look, good luck

hey lookit, I stopped by the local tire shop on the way to work (getting tires mounted on steelies for da Duster) and while I was waiting I saw this...
View attachment jack1.jpg
so I walked over to get a closer look...
View attachment jack2.jpg
Shop owner sez he's been using Lincoln jacks for years and have served him well as he gets years of service out of each one. In such a high volume business he's in a jack that lasts him a year ought to last one of us a lifetime.

412, we have the opposite down here, Farm&Fleet :) I like buying from them too. Going to stop and take a look to see what they have.

Also going to check into those Lincoln jacks :)

I prefer to buy American. Can't stand seeing all our jobs and cash going to Shin Fu. Think I can make a dent in Ching Chong's economy myself? :)

hey lookit, I stopped by the local tire shop on the way to work (getting tires mounted on steelies for da Duster) and while I was waiting I saw this...
View attachment 214289
so I walked over to get a closer look...
View attachment 214290
Shop owner sez he's been using Lincoln jacks for years and have served him well as he gets years of service out of each one. In such a high volume business he's in a jack that lasts him a year ought to last one of us a lifetime.

You'd certainly think so. I thought Lincoln had sold overseas years ago. Maybe I was wrong. Coolness.

-
Back