-
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopardude318

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Contact seller
Okay...I bought this car for 3 grand. I spent another $3500 on the front suspension rebuild, doing everything right with quality parts.

The good:

-$500 adjustable QA1 shocks on all 4 corners
-$200 Just Suspension 1.0" torsion bars
-$300 RMS Disc brake spindles
-$700 RMS Iron disc brake kit
-$100 Aluminum disc brake master cylinder
-$350 Firm Feel big ball joint tubular upper control arms
-$200 RMS tubular adjustable strut rods
-$485 Flaming River 16:1 manual steering box
-$185 Firm Feel 11/16 heavy duty tie rod ends
-$200 Hellwig custom sway bar to clear the 17x8 5.72" b.s. mustang rims
-Boxed lower control arms/tig welded
-K Frame blasted and painted
-Quality Moog parts used throughout (ball joints, LCA bushings, tie rod ends)

-The rear suspension is a 1968 B-body 8 3/4 axle with the spring perches moved inboard 1/2" each side. It has a nice used 3.55 clutch type sure grip in a 742 center section, that works great and lays 2 good solid black lines! It has NEW 10x 2-1/2" drums that I bought, new wheel cylinders, new shoes, new brake lines. The axle and backing plates were sandblasted and painted low gloss black. It also has new "Green" style wheel bearings purchased from Doctor Diff. Also has the aforementioned QA1 adjustable shocks. About $900 Invested in this rear axle...

It has a partially factory specs rebuilt 318 with a 904 tranny.

The short block consists of a cast crank, factory rods, and cast keith black silvolite pistons. It is bored .060 over. New rod, main, and cam bearings. Edelbrock performer manifold, and RPM cam kit, MP windage tray, comp cams double roller timing chain, MP aluminum 6 blade water pump, and Summit brand Pro Street harmonic balancer.

I have $1200 in the short block.

The heads are 360 J-heads with 1.88/1.60 int/exh valves, which need some machining and a valve job. Probably better to get a nice set of the RHS heads... I have the 1.5 Stainless Steel PRW roller rockers. You need to finish assembly on this engine and install it...

I have a NEW fuel tank, with a 3/8" sending unit and NEW pre-bent 3/8" fuel lines from inline tube that I haven't installed yet...$350 invested in that...I also have a $200 12 circuit mini fuse complete re-wire kit from EZ Wire.

The bad:

The car has rust issues. It needs a trunk floor, a passenger side quarter panel, bumpers need to be straightened, and needs a driver side fender.

The interior needs help, but has bucket seats, rally gauge cluster with 160MPH speedo and factory tach. All glass is good.

I am selling this car because I lost my motivation, and after installing all these nice parts, only to find this car needs more body work and rust repair then I am ever capable of doing. It is a never ending money pit and I feel I must stop before I empty my entire bank account and end up with a car that doesn't run or look as good as most of the cars on this site...I guess I'm hanging up my towel...

Nearly 10K invested. Will accept $4500 or best offer. Car will need to be towed. If it doesn't sell, I will part everything out and would probably make more money. Oh well, I don't care anymore.

PM me here. I will get pics up very soon.....

Here is a build thread of my car...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=92816

And the rebuilding of the engine...

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=102634

Thanks for the add.

-James

Do you have any pictures of the bad areas? Car looks pretty nice in the build threads, but there wasn't shots of the body or interior.

James, good luck with your sale. Hopefully, it is the right move for you in the long run. Maybe you should go on the cruise with us on the 24th and make your mind up for sure on selling the car afterwards.

Man, that sucks dude.
Why not just man up and tackle the bodywork.
I know you can do it! Where do you think pride of ownership comes from?
Doesnt come from just buying a ready-made car. It comes from "I know every nut and bolt on this thing *****!"

Hopefully something re-inspires you. I can't see going that far and giving up.

I know exactly what your going through but I gotta say listen to Ben. You should hold out just for a little bit and go on the cruise and take a look at the other guys cars like Steves cuda. By the time I was your age I had already bought and sold ten cars for countless reasons. And a few of them I definitely regret. I think that is one sweet ride and you are well on your way to getting it done. hell my current project is going on 5 years! If I was still in the bay area id help you out. If you do get the fire re-lit see if any of the local guys can give you a hand. that always helped me keep motivated.

" I am selling this car because I lost my motivation, and after installing all these nice parts, only to find this car needs more body work and rust repair then I am ever capable of doing. It is a never ending money pit and I feel I must stop before I empty my entire bank account and end up with a car that doesn't run or look as good as most of the cars on this site...I guess I'm hanging up my towel...

Nearly 10K invested. Will accept $4500 or best offer. Car will need to be towed. If it doesn't sell, I will part everything out and would probably make more money. Oh well, I don't care anymore. "

OK..so you sell...then what..
no mopar @ all ..

our 1968 Calif. Dodge Dart 440/4 speed project no rust roller is sitting in our rear driveway now 19 months under a tarp..The dude I bought it from is recovering in his economy and asked me if I would consider selling it back to him..
I have the motor /trans inside and work on it when $$ is there.. we paid $3K for the car plus $1372 to transpo here to Maryland, when it is a runner it will not be as nice as most, but I will drive it and work on it as $$$ allows..

Hell I'm no gonna beg you to keep your car,part it out and get some of your money back. Put some prices up of what you want for the stuff. I'm curious to see what the brakes stuff goes for.

Dude, don't sell it unless youre strapped for cash....frustration can set in and discourage you about what you want. Go with us on the cruise, hop in someones car, and enjoy why we are all into cars.
Don't compare your car to what everybody else has. Mine in particular was built mainly as a marketing tool for my biz,(well a lil' for me too...lol). I have spent about 3 times what you have and I am still going. It also has taken me 12 years....

Step away from it, clear your head, rethink your direction on the car, and when your ready, start back in it with a fresh mindset. If I was closer I would come by and help. This hobby can be frustrating, hell, I have lost 2 girlfriends thru the build of my car....they just didn't understand.

TAKE THIS AD DOWN!!! C'MON JAMES......

Dude, don't sell it unless youre strapped for cash....frustration can set in and discourage you about what you want. Go with us on the cruise, hop in someones car, and enjoy why we are all into cars.
Don't compare your car to what everybody else has. Mine in particular was built mainly as a marketing tool for my biz,(well a lil' for me too...lol). I have spent about 3 times what you have and I am still going. It also has taken me 12 years....

Step away from it, clear your head, rethink your direction on the car, and when your ready, start back in it with a fresh mindset. If I was closer I would come by and help. This hobby can be frustrating, hell, I have lost 2 girlfriends thru the build of my car....they just didn't understand.

TAKE THIS AD DOWN!!! C'MON JAMES......

Words of wisdom Steve. James, are you going to join us?

James,I say cake up the 1/4,s and drive it!LOL.5 years from now you can cut off the 1/4,s and add new ones(if money allows)Step back and really have a look at what you,ve done/have.Guys like me would kill to have a Cuda fastback.You don,t know how lucky you are to already have one with 1/2 the work done.I say keep at it!:cheers:

$4500 !!!! It should sell very quick from the pics that I saw and with all the blood sweat and tears thrown into it. If I was closer I would buy it if you must sell it .
BUT....... You are crazy for selling it at that price unless something really has you by the balls !
It looks like a killer cruiser just the way it is , a driver....... I did the wax on and wax off thing before , this cars are made to drive & enjoy .
Good luck and I hope you change your mind and enjoy it , maybe you can do a little at a time down the road if you want to.
You will never be able to replace it with the $4500 your asking. Not even close
68 Fastbacks are a special car in my opinion .

Donnie

1 Cuda MiniTub work October 09 006 resized.jpg

This car is no longer for sale...After a few different PM's from people telling me to keep it, I have decided to keep it, and put it away for a little while. Thank you guys for talking some sense into me...

-James

This car is no longer for sale...After a few different PM's from people telling me to keep it, I have decided to keep it, and put it away for a little while. Thank you guys for talking some sense into me...

-James

You did the right thing.
20 years in the future you wont want to have a conversation starting with "man, I should have never sold my barracuda..."

Keep it, find a rust free shell while you drive the car you have. Looks like you have a lot of sweat and $$ invested.

GREAT ,decision dude i have my projects on hold and one for sale no cash so they will have to wait such is life good luck to u.........superdart340

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back