James's 1970 Dodge Dart build.

-
some good stuff going on here.....

and to parrot the others.....nice welding skills

Dam James your front room must be getting empty:shock:?LOL.glad to see you back working on the Dart.You get the Cuda all figured out?

James that is one sweet ride. Anyone building any muscle car to this level thinking their going to make a profit is in for a rude awakeing buyers don't relize what is involved in time and money. It is a labor of love of the car. Hang in it will be worth it when finished and your out cruzing. Thanks for your service so the rest of us have the freedom to enjoy our mopars. Hang tough brother keep up great job and updates.

First off great fab work it looks amazing! secondly i cant believe how rust free that car is...almost like it had never seen a winter lol, keep up the great work :prayer:

thanks guys, really. appreciate all the comments. progress is slow, been slowly collecting parts. i have a big list to bring with me for the upcoming mopar spring fling in april, hopefully i can get most of the stuff i need. iv'e been saving for a few months. :)

and yes scott, my dads spare living room is definitely clearing up. lol

only thing i did last couple weeks was machine some brake/ clutch pedal bushings for my pedal assembly...apparently no one makes this particular size i have, ive looked and looked, but they only make them for the heavy duty 340 clutch pedal assemblies. so on my friends lathe, i machined down some oil impregnated bushings to the proper size...took me over an hour..lol

IMG_2879.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2883.jpg

IMG_2888.jpg

IMG_2889.jpg

IMG_2890.jpg

just read thru the whole thread,that is gonna be 1 real nice ride when your done your craftmanship and dedication is outstanding cant believe how good those 17,s look on your dart keep up the good work james.

Now that's American ingenuity at its best! If you can't find it - make it. Built not bought!

Great work!

Great job. Back in the 80's my brother and I built a roller bearing assembly for my 1965 Mustang. Fords didn't use nylon only pot-metal and with a stiff clutch would wear very quickly.
We used a pillowblock type of bearing set up on each end of the clutch shaft. Worked like butter...

well, got my hydraulic clutch kit, uses a Mcleod Hyd. T.O. bearing. Appears to be nice quality parts...Now I need to find a good diaphram clutch that will support 530HP...any one know of a good clutch/pressure plate kit?

IMG_2895.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg

here's the pedal assembly and hydraboost unit bolted up....kind of a monster....lol

IMG_2909.jpg

You can see the assist unit comes with 3/8" allen head studs to go through the firewall with a nut on the inside, soooo, had to grind the studs off and drill for 3/8" holes. not a big deal. :)

IMG_2910.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

So now that they bolted together and i had it in the car, my clutch pedal would only move an inch! why?! well, one bolt was too long for the clutch stop on the pedal, so, a quick hack saw job on the bolt solved that. :) its close, but it clears!

IMG_2908.jpg

stay tuned....more to come next week.....hopefully....

Nice James!!!! Glad to see your back at it with the limited time you have. Looking forward to more pics.

-
Back