Javelin

-
My son farmed out getting the front wheels under the Dart. Looks pretty good under there. Mostly just crusty. He can jack it up and scrape it down good in the spring...
B8073E57-45D5-427A-B4F6-7C18B4623F89.jpeg
0069B10F-0E04-4353-BF65-0D62AF7CCBAB.jpeg

Last edited:
The guys at L&M Auto in Lincroft, NJ are doing a nice job tearing down the remnants of the old front suspension on the Swinger.
Aaron is going to run the car with the slant and the front drum brakes while he works on the body. L&M is putting it back together the way it was, just with the new Dr Diff suspension kit and some second hand strut rods and LCA's. Even though he plans on a V8 and disc brakes at one point, we picked up new wheel cylinders, pads and a hardware kit too.
spin.jpg
strut.jpg

We discovered that almost all brake shoes produced for the front of this car no longer come with the bottom pin pressed in. Most show the pin in the product description, but none were in the boxes. Parts store said they were swiped. The best local Parts store as well as a good Napa said they couldn’t locate the pins. Finally I checked with the local Advance Auto and the counter guy there discovered the pins could be had in an adjuster repair kit...

Last edited:
The old thing lives once again to see some more miles:D
Now he can see what he's got!
dartwheels.jpg

The kid has been driving the old thing around town whenever he gets an opportunity. The front end feels nice! We ordered up some donor metal for the needed repairs.
33BC19A4-CD4D-4E46-978B-FBA0E759D053.jpeg

It also looks like he has a good bead on a rebuilt 318 and 904...

Last edited:
One of these days we will be heading to West Virginia to pick up motor a friend told us about. It’ a fresh rebuild never fired 318 and a rebuilt 904 that goes along with it. Until then this guy will keep pluggin’ away.
B4113B02-90FD-4094-9F9F-C40C0540899D.jpeg

Maybe the old lady who owned the car would get “herbed up” on her way to church on Sunday...:steering:

A friend from FABO told me about his cousin who had a rebuilt 318 and 904 he wanted to sell. My son is now the proud new owner! Thanks @sireland67
Wondering why the valve covers are on backwards lol?
Aarons mortor.jpg

I had not seen that old engine in years.
I am glad you found him ok.

Aaron began removing the rusted fenders from the Swinger today in preparation of doing some rust repair on the tops of the inner fenders.
E9EE3760-4E05-4A5B-889E-AC601BC82817.jpeg

Get after it. I’d unbolt those bumper supports, blast them, prime and repaint too. I wire wheeled everything on the 72, cleaned it, hit it with some rust converter, then redid the undercoat. Just sold my 74 so I am going to dig watching this come to life.

He’ll get to it all. For now I want him to keep the bumper on since I am making him drive it back and forth to keep it at my office under the solar panel parking shed when he’s not working on it. Mama says no more rust buckets parked at home. :elmer:

He needs to get paint on it, so momma will let him park at the house.

I know it takes time, my Duster still does not have paint.

Yesterday Aaron took the underhood AC stuff off the car.

Everything near the speed nuts on both inner fenders of this car was eaten away like it was parked under an acid fountain. So I had Whitepunkonitro send us two sections from the big flat part up. Got one side fitted and tacked in place with a few sheet metal screws, then the Mrs came out and yelled at us for using the grinder and making all kinda noise on Easter....
A little progress is better than no progress.
71F6FE4A-9D6B-4D79-A9A3-76FCF6F06B09.jpeg
25ECF141-F2BA-4779-8E1C-EFDECE0BEE25.jpeg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yeah we are A-body fans as well, got 4 of them. 2 dusters, 71 valiant, 71 swinger parts car. My younger son likes the javelin look, but my older son thinks I'm a traitor to mopar for liking amc's at all. Lol. I keep trying to tell him they are like the red headed step child to mother mopar. But he isn't buying into it. That' okay by me, I'll drive it myself.

Yeah we are A-body fans as well, got 4 of them. 2 dusters, 71 valiant, 71 swinger parts car. My younger son likes the javelin look, but my older son thinks I'm a traitor to mopar for liking amc's at all. Lol. I keep trying to tell him they are like the red headed step child to mother mopar. But he isn't buying into it. That' okay by me, I'll drive it myself.

I think your older son is wise, those old amc's were just strange, but I do like them.
My wife has a AMC Jeep CJ-5 as a summer toy, it is alot of fun.
We have four jeeps and every one is from a different manufacture, Willys, AMC, Chrysler and Fiat.
If I had a Ford, and a Keiser jeep I would have one from every manufacture.

Those are about un-obtainable

-
Back