Jeep 4.0 in 69 Barracuda

JohnFM3

Reaction score
Totally get it- you like what you like etc. I have to say- side by side on my two A bodies, with the MC that Dr Diff has, vs power booster, my wife, who is not a car person, says the only difference is that the power brake system is "touchier"

if we want to go down the path of one upping each others wife.... lol
My wife who auto-crossed a 1972 Datsun 510 with a Nissan 300z VG-30 v6 for several years would say power brakes is the only way to setup.

JohnFM3

Reaction score
Well, there has been some movement last weekend. No pictures as I didn't believe the work done was worthy of them.

We got the Transmission and Engine back out for modifications to start. I have the new flywheel which will match the Crank Position Sensor for the newer TJ ECU. Still waiting on the engine fuel management electrical. But I will start looking into the oil pan interference of the steering linkage issue. A tube thru the pan is still and option... lol

Will be reaching out to the shop about the fuel management soon.

John

JohnFM3

Reaction score
Hey group. Does anyone have any experience with the company HotWire Auto?

Hotwire Auto specializes in stripping down Fuel injection for use in conversions. Such as when you want to install a Hemi in a hotrod with the factory fuel management.

HotWire Auto

The shop I had planned to do the work has been really backed up. After a long wait and no end in sight, I have opted to look for other shops. I spoke with the owner of Hotwire who seems pretty knowledgeable. Even more impressive is his experiance with the Jeep injection harness. Apparently he has done several Jeep conversions for those who want the 4.0L in a CJ.

I am thinking of sending in my wiring harness this weekend. Before I do, I was hoping to hear back from members who may have had experience with them and what that was.

Thanks,
John

JohnFM3

Reaction score
Update. I have tested the 4.0L engine with the CJ oil pan and the steering linkage installed. If the car was to only go straight, the oil pan clears the steering linkage. That said, I have made arrangements with a welding shop to clearance the back portion of the sump at mid level where the linkage is. On another note I have paid Hotwire for the fuel management harness work. I should see the harness returned before Feb 2023. And finally regarding body and paint I have bought the wicked wine plasti dip kit including the sprayer and currently sanding flaking black paint away trying to leave as much of the OEM ivy green paint alone. I am really liking the original color and want to see if I can retain it with a modern twist adding a second color such as black.

JohnFM3

Reaction score
Ok, in digging into my car i have realized that I dont have the build tag located in the engine compartment. The sticker in the door jam is missing as well. And there is no build sheet in the back of the rear seat.

And I am trying to identify the original color of the car. I believe its Ivy or Ralley Green.

Picture of are which has not been sanded
20221124_083532.jpg

Picture of the trunk lid paint After Sanding
20221124_083600.jpg

Any other way to identify the original color?

thanks,
John

my68barracuda

Reaction score
Look on line for original paint colors for a 69 Barracuda. That stuff is posted. Once you have it narrowed down visit an automotive paint store that has been around for a while and they may have a catalog of Chrysler paint samples and formulas of colors.
To get a good look at the original car color: door jams, inside the trunk, under the hood would be the places to look.

Last edited:

JohnFM3

Reaction score
Look on line for original paint colors for a 69 Barracuda. That stuff is posted. Once you have it narrowed down visit an automotive paint store that has been around for a while and they may have a catalog of Chrysler paint samples and formulas of colors.
I have jumped online and narrowed it down to the 2 I called out. I am hoping someone may know of another location the paint code may be stamped on the body. Otherwise, I will have to do as you suggested.