Jeep Cherokee help

-

340 Dart

I don't know ****.
Reaction score
I have found out that Jeep forums are NOTHING like our fabulous FABO.
Can you guys please give me some advice?
I have recently purchased 2 Jeep cherokees. One is a 96 2wd/ 4cyl/5speed. It has a 4" lift and large tires that i would LOVE to put on my 99 Cherokee 4.0 4wd which is stock. It looks like they used coils in the front and springs in the back for the lift. I know nothing about lifts.
My question: Is this a bolt on swap from one Jeep to the other? What parts exactly do I need to swap over? Coils, shocks, springs, anything else?
Will my brake lines be long enough?
Think I can do it alone on a Saturday, or is more involved?
Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Jim

Yes you can swap them over...... What we did was went to pick a part and grabbed a set of coils off of a 94 v8 grand Cherokee and then for the back we used long shackles which gave us a 3 1/2 lift... You can also use stock Ford Bronco coils they give you a 4 inch lift but there really stiff,
For 4 inches you would need new shocks, brake lines, sway bar links and it will take you a day or so... Actually on the brake lonesome you can just move them down from the stock location which will give you more inches out of them....

Thanks for the info.
I already have a 4" lift on one Jeep (the 2wd). I am just trying to remove it, and put it on the 4wd, and put the stock stuff from the 4wd on the 2wd.

Will it work?

My question is, what kind of jackass puts a lift and big tires on a 4-cyl, 2WD Jeep? I bet that thing drives like crap...

Anyway to get this much lift don't you also have to watch out for the driveshaft angles? I have a '93 Cherokee and want to lift it 2" or so but a few things I've read say you have to relocate the transfer case to straighten out the driveshafts with over 2" lift.

Other than that it should be a pretty straightforward swap with what duster731 said...

-
Back