jeep cherokee update. (been shopping)

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
so in thelast couple of weeks since we bought the cherokee i have been shopping for parts.. ( a little too much to be honest..lol)

so here is what i ordered so far..

rubicon express super ride 3.5" lift.

rubicon express adjustable track bar with double shear bracket.

zj steering components. stock is a hollow tube. the zj stuff is solid and a lot stronger.

a stock set or alum rims.. have to repaint them but all in all in good shape. couldn't beat it for $120.

and a set of good year dura trac tires.. 265/75-16. they come out to 31x10.5. look pretty bad *** for an A/T tire..

now i just have to install this stuff. getting excited.. :)

DSC_0018.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

EA7A12EE-731E-48BC-95B3-BD854F541390.jpg

9BA39A8D-621B-4895-B787-B8D760A2B8A5.jpg

65F45A09-BE3E-46A5-8BBD-BFB239F21DCF.jpg

9894C4A8-471C-460C-BDA1-15105104E266.jpg

4-30-15%203.jpg

Dam those tires look really good. Getting that lift on with the new rubber is really going to make an awesome change. Can't wait for more pics...
You'll have a great off roader when done.

yea i can't wait to see it together. gonna be funny watching jamie and rylee try to get in it the first time..

just building a simple reliable driver that does good in the trails and in snow so jamie can use it. i'm thinking 31's with the 3.5 lift should be perfect for what we want to use it for.

Nice !!! I did that to my Comanche. Love it. Truck can go anywhere !!

That setup should work nicely. You'll probably want a new steering stablizer in there as well while you're down there. And depending on condition you might want to think about the front sway bar bushings and stabilizer arm bushings. Since your doing a 3 inch lift, I would recommend replacing the lower control arms with a set for a lift. It's not hard if you're already under there. They will push the front axle back to the right position. Rough country makes a nice set of non adjustable ones that aren't too much. We did a ton of work to our XJ and never replaced the sway bar bushings at the front mount points, and it always had sort of a weird side to side feel and had weird noises. Turned out to be a 15 minute fix all along. Be prepared for the inevitable breaking of the rear shock bolts when you try to take them out, and then you have to fashion new ones from angle iron and a grinder and a drill and some large washers and bolts.

That setup should work nicely. You'll probably want a new steering stablizer in there as well while you're down there. And depending on condition you might want to think about the front sway bar bushings and stabilizer arm bushings. Since your doing a 3 inch lift, I would recommend replacing the lower control arms with a set for a lift. It's not hard if you're already under there. They will push the front axle back to the right position. Rough country makes a nice set of non adjustable ones that aren't too much. We did a ton of work to our XJ and never replaced the sway bar bushings at the front mount points, and it always had sort of a weird side to side feel and had weird noises. Turned out to be a 15 minute fix all along. Be prepared for the inevitable breaking of the rear shock bolts when you try to take them out, and then you have to fashion new ones from angle iron and a grinder and a drill and some large washers and bolts.

yea new lower control arms came with the kit. i keep saying i have to go measure the sway bar so i can replace the bushings but keep forgetting to do it..lol. had to replace the bushings on my sons xj a few years ago.. hopefully since the previous owner put new shocks on it i'll be ok..

-
Back