Jeep high back buckets or A100 van seats?

Which seats - Jeep high back buckets of Dodge A100?

• A100

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • Jeep bucket

Votes: 19 48.7%

• Total voters
-
I have the seats on hand, see pic in first post. Both are lightweight, bare bones and fixed.

Trying to keep a 'muscle car' look. To me, seats with a side bolster make the car look like a Honda or something which is 100% not my style.

Your tune might change when you take a corner and end up in the passenger seat. :)

Your tune might change when you take a corner and end up in the passenger seat. :)

Car originally had a bench seat, never ended up on the passenger side. :???:

Again, I don't like those type of seats in an older muscle car, they don't look right under any circumstances.

So that being said, which non-side bolstered seat do you prefer, the A100 or the Jeep bucket?

Ok, I don't mean to flame your thread; Jeep seats all the way, good neck support for the acceleration!

Some Jeep (or AMC anything in this era) seats can be hard to adapt since they don't all have a flat square or rectangular mounting surface underneath built into the seat frame. When AMC owned, or was affiliated with Renault, they used the crazy Renault seat track/mounting system across the whole vehicle line. With welder its not a problem but it can be extra effort.

Gee, thanks so much for the helpful commentary.

Guess you must like side bolster seats too.

You started a poll,so that means you were looking for opinions.
Did you expect everyone to sugar coat their answers and say
"those look great",when they feel they don't ?
If you can't handle some constructive criticism,then don't start a poll.
Sorry,but in my opinion both those seats would look Terribly out of place in a 71 Duster.
70-72 A-body buckets would make much more sense.

Seats are easy to swap. Try one set for a while and then try the other set of seats. It doesn't matter how the seats look if you are uncomfortable in the car. Do not forget to mount the seat belts. They can affect how you set.

Michael

You started a poll,so that means you were looking for opinions.
Did you expect everyone to sugar coat their answers and say
"those look great",when they feel they don't ?
If you can't handle some constructive criticism,then don't start a poll.
Sorry,but in my opinion both those seats would look Terribly out of place in a 71 Duster.
70-72 A-body buckets would make much more sense.

Poll asked to choose between two seats, which I already have on hand. I didn't ask whether I should look for another option. Pretty straightforward, no? If you don't like either seat, fine, I could care less. That's not the point. My apologies if that was somehow unclear.

I try not to take myself too seriously. I write these posts for fun and to share ideas with like minded people. I'm definitely not looking for sugar coated answers since I really don't give those out myself. Just ask my wife.

What I sure as hell do not need is purposely antagonistic commentary.

are we grading simply on looks or functionality? if it were me which it is not I would go hi back simply for the safety features. I'm old I don't heal as quickly as I use to, that's why I would choose a Hi back. some Yahoo soccer mom rearends you at a stoplight cuz she's smacking her kids you'll realize what I'm talking about. folks in the past have literally lost their head with low back seats when they were rear ended.

are we grading simply on looks or functionality? if it were me which it is not I would go hi back simply for the safety features. I'm old I don't heal as quickly as I use to, that's why I would choose a Hi back. some Yahoo soccer mom rearends you at a stoplight cuz she's smacking her kids you'll realize what I'm talking about. folks in the past have literally lost their head with low back seats when they were rear ended.

Kind of both (looks and function) if you understand what I'm thinking about.

The A100 seats usually wound up in pass cars for a specific application - factory hemi cars. You generally don't see them in '70-up cars and admittedly, they do look out of place here. But again, not enough to rule them out as a choice.

The Jeep seats are remarkably similar to the van seats. They're both fixed and have very similar dimensions, save for the back.

I'm inclined to use the Jeep seats. As I explained at the top, they're more comfortable and lighter than the van seats. The main issue is how to mount them. I've been thinking about a set of Super Stock seat brackets but then they're no longer adjustable.

I realized that the upholstery that's on the Jeep seat in the pic may be throwing people off. I have new black vinyl seat covers for them which basically match the interior of the car.

here is what i think.

pre- 70 gets low backs

70+ gets high backs.

Looks like I'm going to agree with this. Hell.....for some reason, I didn't realize you were asking for a duster. I was thinking like '68 or '69 Dart or something similar. I still don't like those Jeep seats, but high back factory buckets in a duster/demon kick *** in my book. That velour-y material on those Jeep seats looks gross.

Gee, thanks so much for the helpful commentary.

Guess you must like side bolster seats too.

Man, you sure have a hard on for this don't you?

I like side bolster seats because they keep my body in check, in control, and my spine in alignment. Not because it's was a fad in the 90's; which is over btw. If your willing to give that up for a "look", fine. It's not my back. No need to act ignorant about it.

I am going to unsubscribe to my own thread. :banghead:

Does anyone actually read through this stuff?

Didn't mean for this to degenerate into a disagreement about seat styles.

I'll repeat - I'm not looking for opinions on whether I should find another seating option. The choices are the A100 seat or the Jeep bucket. A or B. That's it. I'm keeping both, not selling to find something else.

Frankly, I don't happen to like the 'correct' A body buckets anyhow, but that's totally irrelevant here since that particular notion has no real bearing on what I'm doing.

If you don't like either seat, that's OK, I don't care. Start your own thread about what type of seats I should put in my car and add a poll with as many choices as you want.

Lastly, (again) the Jeep seats will be recovered in black vinyl. Ignore the seat cover that's on there now.

Look at your last question on your first post..."What you say FABO" ?

To me,that means your looking for opinions.
It's ridiculous that you would ask for the sites opinion,and then get all upset because you didn't like the answers from the members.

Honestly,I not a big fan of the poll thing on the site,seems like it always turns into a pissing match. I like to make my own decissions anyway.

Anyways, I wish you luck with any seat you choose. If your happy,that's all that matters.
Cheers.

I think the Jeep seats match the Duster better. Those NOS A100 seats would look much better in my 1968 Dart or Barracuda...

-
Back