Jeep Wrangler 75th Salute Concept Rolls Off Line at Toledo Assembly Complex

-

Joeychgo

FABO Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
75 years ago this week a boxy, lightweight, flat-fendered workhorse rolled off a Toledo, Ohio, Assembly Plant production line and onto the World War II battlefields of Europe. The very first Jeep® vehicle was a true original. It was instantly embraced by military servicemen and women as an indispensable tool in helping win the war. Since then the Jeep brand has gone on to win the hearts of legions of go-anywhere, do-anything enthusiasts across the globe.

On July 15, in tribute to this legendary heritage, history repeated itself in the form of a modern take on the famous Willys MB rolling off a Toledo, Ohio, assembly line, much like the original did more than seven decades ago. It was a very special moment for all involved, and we captured it on video for you to enjoy, too!

Nice video, I enjoyed that thanks! The Mrs. wants a 4 door Wrangler, I found out they may offer a diesel next year (Hurricane 4), makes 400 lb. ft. of torque and nearly 300 hp. Still to have live axles, some aluminum in the frame. I hope they do it.

Willys Overland Fiat. Now the drivers air bag costs more than the willys did new. Wonder how those tires work in the rain? I like the Willys more than the JK.:usflag:

There is an old guy in our town with a Willys Overland that has a Ma Deuce made from steel on a tri pod in back that looks very realistic, probably not a good choice for the big city with how jumpy cops are nowdays!

I like how he said they are just going to keep it. Well duh! As it can't pass for any sort of legal 2016 new vehicle standards, without just being a green paint job. It sucks to be a manufacturer, only private citizens are allowed to make what they want. They should sell even a more stripped version as a kit or something.

Like 90% of cool Chrysler concepts, they'll never produce it.

-
Back