Jet hot coating

-

jaws

I put the fun in dysfunctional
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a system that works to big the luster back up on headers that are jet hot coated. mine are getting a little dull. Second pic was three years ago.

IMG_1182.JPG

IMG_2303.JPG

images (3).jpg
Pics of the Plymouth?
Just an old picture of the rolling chassis.
I don't have the Hemi mounts just a 360 LA under the hood. I fitting it on a 34 Ford frame. A long way to go. A few years from retirement and lots more time :)
pics 1-12-15 758.jpg

The red one is what I'd like to get close to.

Last edited:
That body looks like nice starting point. Yes it is, it's a 833od

That body looks like nice starting point. Yes it is, it's a 833od
You know I have an 833 od also and was toying around with it behind the hemi. How do you like the od part? Did you have to beef it any? Did you bring the pedals from the floor or hung them? I hope I'm not asking too many questions.

Call Jet Hot Coatings. I had the same problem. After about 10 years (or so) my Jet Hot Coating started to look pretty bad. I called them up and told them I had no proof of purchase. They said that they scribe a number on each part and told ne where to look. Once I gave them the number, they said, "Yes, that is ours. Send them in to us and we will redo them for you at no cost." WOW, what service. All it cost me was shipping one way; they paid for the return trip.

Anybody have a system that works to big the luster back up on headers that are jet hot coated. mine are getting a little dull. Second pic was three years ago.

View attachment 1715386931

View attachment 1715386932

I found this on a search.
Sorry for all, but the only way I could get it on here.
Steve

How to clean ceramic coated hedders safely
ibautomotive.gif

Home /
How to clean ceramic coated hedders safely
Subscribe
sledgehammer16 , 07-01-2012 11:55 PM
Hey guys. Just another question. I have a set of ceramic coated headmen hedders that I want to clean up with out ruining the ceramic coating on them. They have some light rust spots but mostly have heavy burnt oil on them and like to know how to
Get it off and make them new again. The headmen company told me to use simple green but that definitely isn't doing anything. Any suggestions how to get them new again??? so I paint them with hedder paint?

Phil
Edward Jones® Advisors
Find a Local Financial Advisor. See How our Approach is Different. From www.edwardjones.com
Find Now!
MalibuVLX , 07-02-2012 09:05 AM
I have not had any personal experience w/ cleaning mine. But, my dad had a set coated by a local guy and he said basic household cleaner like you said, if you just need to touch them up. But, to polish, he said products like Mother's alum/chrome polish. Don't remember which one he said. Probably goes w/out saying, but do it when they are cold as well.
What Causes Low Blood Sugar? - Read More information Here
www.how2type2.com
Get Healthy Living Articles Here to Help You Live with Your Type 2 Diabetes.

Jasonb86 , 07-02-2012 09:08 AM
I did this exact project over the weekend. I used chrome polish and '000' grade steel wool. Headers look great and it didn't scratch/mar the finish.
Healthy Recipe Ideas
Learn How to Prepare Foods That Can Help Your Type 2 Diabetes. www.how2type2.com

7t2vette , 07-02-2012 09:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonb86
I did this exact project over the weekend. I used chrome polish and '000' grade steel wool. Headers look great and it didn't scratch/mar the finish.
iagree.gif

This is what the place that coated mine told me to do, it works great.

cheers2.gif

57.jpg
BB68Vett , 07-02-2012 11:56 AM
I use a product called Ceramaglow or Ceramaglo (I think). It's polish for ceramic coated headers. I'm not 100% on the name but I'll check tonight and re-post.
Trae1976 , 07-02-2012 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB68Vett
I use a product called Ceramaglow or Ceramaglo (I think). It's polish for ceramic coated headers. I'm not 100% on the name but I'll check tonight and re-post.Found it for you.
thumbsup.gif

I've also heard that fine steel wool followed up with Cerma-Glow gives excellent results. Haven't had the chance to try it myself though.

DSC01015.jpg

Brand=CorvetteForum,PartyID=0:jzz2jb5z:7f4aea12-f276-4d7f-8e5c-a99d7eaa81be

You know I have an 833 od also and was toying around with it behind the hemi. How do you like the od part? Did you have to beef it any? Did you bring the pedals from the floor or hung them? I hope I'm not asking too many questions.
Mine is an all steel case. Love the OD, 3.73s in the back and run 2100 rpms at 70 mph. I have the Pete and Jakes under floor pedals with hydraulic clutch.

Mine is an all steel case. Love the OD, 3.73s in the back and run 2100 rpms at 70 mph. I have the Pete and Jakes under floor pedals with hydraulic clutch.
That sounds like what I am leaning towards. I think my OD has a aluminium tail shaft, wonder what difference that would be. As for the coating on your headers, I think it would great if you could get a decorating on there dime but doing a search, I ran across the Corvette site that had quite a write up. Have a great weekend.

Tail shaft should be ok, main case is the weak part. Just don’t speed shift into od, it’s the weakest gear. Need to look for some cermaglow

Tail shaft should be ok, main case is the weak part. Just don’t speed shift into od, it’s the weakest gear. Need to look for some cermaglow
I just went searched the name and i looks like Jegs or Summit. Maybe just a well stocked auto supply store.

Call Jet Hot Coatings. I had the same problem. After about 10 years (or so) my Jet Hot Coating started to look pretty bad. I called them up and told them I had no proof of purchase. They said that they scribe a number on each part and told ne where to look. Once I gave them the number, they said, "Yes, that is ours. Send them in to us and we will redo them for you at no cost." WOW, what service. All it cost me was shipping one way; they paid for the return trip.

I have heard many like this ^^^^^^^^

-
Back