Job based rant.

-

MileHighDart

Reaction score
Recent activities at work make me say WTF?

But what the heck, this is probably not the place to rant.

Last edited:
I see nothing wrong with doing a little work bitching here!

Many folks have no where else to do it.

Last edited:
Recent activities at work make me say WTF?

But what the heck, this is probably not the place to rant.

Just talked to my brother today. He's losing his mind. His company changed over the time closed and it's jacked everything to hell. It's a nightmare on top of all the other stupid **** they do.

Where I work they tend to promote the inept and fire the valuable. Turns out they just signed me up for the leadership program. It makes me rethink everything I have been doing!!!

Cley

I see nothing wrong with doing a little work bitching here!

Many folks have no where else to do it.

Ok we’ll it mostly has to do with the fact that I no longer have the same boss and I don’t really work where I thought I worked. It’s complicated.
The other thing is I work in a high school, and because of recent events they are now installing cameras freakin everywhere. By the time they finish there will be 42 cameras in the school.
The intended purpose is to identify the guilty party if there is some kind of incident, like a fight or vandalism, etc.
But our boss, has already made it clear that they will be using it to check up on us night custodians to see what we’re doing.
Our security guy tells me that’s not what they are for and it’s not even legal for them to do that.
It’s pretty weird , like big brother watching you all the time. Suppose I’ll get used to them.
Can’t complain too much, at least I have a decent job with decent pay and good benefits.

Well, what if you were to add to the building's maintenance schedule to cover some, or all, of the camera lenses during off hours to minimize dust buildup on the glass. I think I read in a photography magazine once that the use of a cotton cloth, just like a red shop rag, might do wonders to extend the life of camera systems.

Just a thought!:lol:

Where I work, they’re getting ready to install GPS nanny boxes in all the company vehicles. I’ve been driving since August of 1973, and never put a scratch on anything that was my fault. If you go over the speed limit, it automatically sends your boss and his boss an e mail to rat you out. I’m about ready to do the Johnny Paycheck to this sorry outfit!

Having a little honest respect is obviously no longer part of the work environment.

That was something I really did enjoy about my military career. There was respect for those who worked. Sure, we had some kiss-asses and wiffle-dicks, but we dealt with them! They got farmed out to some bullshit job on the fringes.

I guess the hierarchy was developed on ability if that makes sense. When I retired I still worked with military guys because of what I did.

Now I am fortunately retarded and don't have to deal with it at all!

I am pretty much over my pissed-offedness about some sunuvabitch stealing an $85 tool of mine last thursday morning, but that does not mean that I am not angry over the issue. ******* low IQ immigrants pretend to not understand english when I spoke everyone individually in the shop about my disappeared tool, they do not respect others.

I am pretty much over my pissed-offedness about some sunuvabitch stealing an $85 tool of mine last thursday morning, but that does not mean that I am not angry over the issue. ******* low IQ immigrants pretend to not understand english when I spoke everyone individually in the shop about my disappeared tool, they do not respect others.

Nice rant. I like.

Reading this thread makes me feel fortunate being retired from one job. I can be very choosy about my work. Don’t really care for working for/with assholes.

Ok we’ll it mostly has to do with the fact that I no longer have the same boss and I don’t really work where I thought I worked. It’s complicated.
The other thing is I work in a high school, and because of recent events they are now installing cameras freakin everywhere. By the time they finish there will be 42 cameras in the school.
The intended purpose is to identify the guilty party if there is some kind of incident, like a fight or vandalism, etc.
But our boss, has already made it clear that they will be using it to check up on us night custodians to see what we’re doing.
Our security guy tells me that’s not what they are for and it’s not even legal for them to do that.
It’s pretty weird , like big brother watching you all the time. Suppose I’ll get used to them.
Can’t complain too much, at least I have a decent job with decent pay and good benefits.

I'm sure they're coming to my job, too.

It helps to think of it like "let 'em watch. I got nothing to hide."

If you don't have anything to hide, you're golden, and then you can bring up the lack of 'incidents' come pay raise time.

I'm sure they're coming to my job, too.

It helps to think of it like "let 'em watch. I got nothing to hide."

If you don't have anything to hide, you're golden, and then you can bring up the lack of 'incidents' come pay raise time.

Well, that's one good thing about the school district. The pay raises happen yearly and the amount predetermined so you get it if you work hard, or even if you dont. You can look at the payscale and see exactly what you'll be getting every august when the raises happen.

Haven't you ever heard of the old saying "f__k up-move up? Thats the way it works in my company!

I find it very entertaining that when I was promoted as a tool and die setup guy that now everyone that used to talk **** about everyone TO me now all talk **** ABOUT me because they're too brain dead to want to better themselves, so now I have a hater fan club that makes half of what I make lolololol

Two stories . First, way back fresh out of high school I got a job at a full service gas station working nights with the assistant manager . Day shift manager got fired for stealing and the asst man got his job. That night I came in to work and the new manager tells me " remember all the **** we did on nights? Well you can't do that **** anymore. Second , Worked nights at UPS in the automotive dept. In the summer the friken bosses would sit out in the parked trucks in the dark and watch the mechanics through the open shop doors and in the winter when the doors were closed you would see their beady white eyes looking through the little windows in the doors. I sure MISS work.

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, got plenty to ***** about too, but blame your dumb a$$ co workers for the cameras and GPS
Have been running a wholesale delivery company for years. Cameras are in case we get burglarized and gps so we can let our customers know when there delivery will be there. Guess what? the thief's caught on camera are the workers and I can't tell you how many times guys get caught on GPS in the truck doing and going where there not supposed to be.
Would be nice to be able to trust someone to do what they are supposed to do, but that does not seem to be the norm any more.

My rant, knuckle heads that ruin it for everyone else!

Don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, got plenty to ***** about too, but blame your dumb a$$ co workers for the cameras and GPS
Have been running a wholesale delivery company for years. Cameras are in case we get burglarized and gps so we can let our customers know when there delivery will be there. Guess what? the thief's caught on camera are the workers and I can't tell you how many times guys get caught on GPS in the truck doing and going where there not supposed to be.
Would be nice to be able to trust someone to do what they are supposed to do, but that does not seem to be the norm any more.

Well put sir, it is true that people often forget the other side of the story!

You are trying to protect your own family's income and that's how it's supposed to be!

Where I work they tend to promote the inept and fire the valuable. Turns out they just signed me up for the leadership program. It makes me rethink everything I have been doing!!!

Cley
Thats some funny **** right there! But always good to revalue your own way of thinking and doing things.

I bet you will end up with only downsides from those cameras and the actual problem will just move to where it can not be seen or the cameras will somehow be impossible to use legaly against those they are made to be used against.
But a job is a job and all we can do is do our best.

We have that stuff over here aswell,people still dont get their stuff delivered on time if at all...

-
Back