Job opportunity car/parts hauling

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine that lives in BC called me yesterday and asked how my job situation was....I told him $hitty, but trying to get the media-blasting up n running. Jason told me he has an opportunity for me. He went and bought an 03 F450 with a flat deck. It has all the hyd hookups to turn it into a dump bed. I havent got all the details yet, but it has a goose neck hookup for the trailer. No trailer yet, he is still figuring out which one to get. Anyway he has work for it until December, from that point on he asked if I could find work for it. I am assuming here in Ontario. I am wondering about custom car/parts hauling. I would imagine this truck could pull a 2 car trailer. Obviously pulling 2 cars would make more $$, but wondering whether it is worth doing 2 cars open, vs 1 car enclosed and what the rates are??? Obviously my friend isnt going to let me make all the $$ and Im a simple guy that is looking to supplement my income. I have brought a couple cars back from the US, so the paperwork isnt an issue for me. What is everyones opinions on rates, how to split the $$ between my friend and I? Trailer suggestions?? Another cool opportunity from a good friend! Looking fwd to hearing what you all think. I cant upload a pic of his truck the pixel size for the pic is 640x481 and the limit is 640x480..1 bit too big. I have resized it as small as I can geez!!
4spragtop

how will the load be insured?

Im wondering that too?? I dont know if this makes sense or not, but with keeping the rates down, I am thinking the buyer or whoever I am hauling for would insure their car/parts/load. We all know insurance is brutal so in order to be competitive leave the insurance up to the buyer????

How far would you be willing to go (travel)? The insurance is a big factor but also the fuel and toll roads play a big part too.

Im wondering that too?? I dont know if this makes sense or not, but with keeping the rates down, I am thinking the buyer or whoever I am hauling for would insure their car/parts/load. We all know insurance is brutal so in order to be competitive leave the insurance up to the buyer????
Sounds good Steve.Scrap is up right now so even making trips with scrap would put some $ in your pocket! If it takes off for you maybe make a payment deal with your friend to see if you can rent to own! Or just decide a % between the both of you. Craig.

If you should decide to go this way there are brokers that can arrange deliveries for you. The insurance is paid for either by the shipper or the receiver. Some people want covered delveries while others don't care. Using a broker can help sort all that out. Of course he gets a per centage for his time and contacts.

Sounds good Steve.Scrap is up right now so even making trips with scrap would put some $ in your pocket! If it takes off for you maybe make a payment deal with your friend to see if you can rent to own! Or just decide a % between the both of you. Craig.

Good idea Craig, but everyone around here has them bins "free metal drop-off" sitting right in their front yard LOL

Will this endeavour start before, or after midnights?

LOL any time of day, I dont care $$ is $$ right??? I was thinking of hauling cars/parts if there is enough of a need for it. It would be a good deal for anyone that needs a car hauled, and try to co-ordinate it with other parts pickups as well.

If you should decide to go this way there are brokers that can arrange deliveries for you. The insurance is paid for either by the shipper or the receiver. Some people want covered delveries while others don't care. Using a broker can help sort all that out. Of course he gets a per centage for his time and contacts.

Good idea, may have to get in touch with some brokers. Thanks!

-
Back