Joey can you do something about this.

-

dukeboy440

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what's changed but once again getting a TON of spam ads popping up when I try to move around the fabo site. It's only happening on fabo so I know it's a fabo only thing. It's happening multiple times an hr, it's beyond reasonable.

Here's one example of a video....

There's numerous others including ****....

Screenshot_2016-07-18-15-52-01.png

is your phone software fully updated? Have you run a virus check?

Nothing has changed on the site.

Oh, just so you know, the "it only happens on FABO" really means nothing and doesn't mean there is something wrong with FABO.

is your phone software fully updated? Have you run a virus check?

Nothing has changed on the site.

Oh, just so you know, the "it only happens on FABO" really means nothing and doesn't mean there is something wrong with FABO.

Phone is brand new so I'm gonna say yes it's fully updated. I highly doubt I got a virus within an hr but I'll try running a virus scan to be sure.

If it's only happening when I come to fabo, then wouldn't it mean it has something to do with fabo?

If it's only happening when I come to fabo, then wouldn't it mean it has something to do with fabo?

Not like you might think. Stuff like that can be triggered by many things... What software and what version your using, if the site has something that triggers it, etc etc. It could be a specific google ad triggering it. All things out of my control. The site is scanned by a security company daily to prevent stuff like that coming from the site directly.

Last edited:
Lots of times what you see in ads and the like are things you have looked up on the internet before. Jes sayin.

That explains the ****... :D
Haha... if only I'd looked that stuff up on this phone.... Brand new S5. Haven't even done a Google search with it yet, wonder if I clicked something from one of the face book links or something

how much was that new phone? 3-4-500 bucks? and ya can't pop 40 for Gold on here!? Chris Chris Chris.. :poke:
Actually it was replaced free..... warranty. The screen on my old one stopped working.
how much was that new phone? 3-4-500 bucks? and ya can't pop 40 for Gold on here!? Chris Chris Chris.. :poke:

Haha... if only I'd looked that stuff up on this phone.... Brand new S5. Haven't even done a Google search with it yet, wonder if I clicked something from one of the face book links or something

You sure its new and not reconditioned?

Its also possibly that it was a misbehaving google ad.... Doesn't happen often but on occasion it does.

Its also possibly that it was a misbehaving google ad.... Doesn't happen often but on occasion it does.
Yeah I'm sure. Normally the reconditioned phones say so with a sticker. This one was no mention of it anywhere.

It has seemed to stop now.though so I don't know

FYI Joey... it did stop as soon as I became Gold......

FYI Joey... it did stop as soon as I became Gold......
I'm tellin ya all again, that ads are going to ruin the internet.
But that's the way it goes I guess, just like letting banks and loan institutions ruin the economy, as it's all about the money SOME people can get out of it before it gets killed by it.

I'm tellin ya all again, that ads are going to ruin the internet.
But that's the way it goes I guess, just like letting banks and loan institutions ruin the economy, as it's all about the money SOME people can get out of it before it gets killed by it.
Yeah. I'm waiting for Facebook to announce its gonna start charging to be a member.....

agreeing with me or or questioning my statement?

Oh I totally agree with it being a good thing if it just died.
I get that some people have a psychological need to be that interactively involved in other people's lives but I see it and a lot of other things like it to be a giant distraction from real life.
I live best and am at my best mentally when I spend a lot of time inside myself instead of living pieces of other people's lives every waking moment.

-
Back