Joplin Missouri ?

-
I'm just north of Joplin. I'm surprised no one mentioned MoKan dragway in Ashbury. Joplin is a city built like a small town. It has the major chain stores and restaurants. Even has a mall, so the Mrs will be able to buy just about anything she wants. Plenty of hardware stores. Between Springfield and Joplin is where most people go to do anything or to find work.

Weather is broken down by I44. It follows 3 paths, north of I44, south of I44, or right down I44. This area gets about 3 major snows a year. Tornadoes come and go, but the siren usually goes off once a month between March and Nov. Most tornadoes are just radar indicated.

Conservatives live in the cities, democrats congregate in the cities.

Yes Mo-Kan a great country 1/4 mi track!!! What? 20mi N of Joplin!!!
Yunick13, If there are any Dem. in SW Mo they must all be closet types!> ha

I'm just north of Joplin. I'm surprised no one mentioned MoKan dragway in Ashbury. Joplin is a city built like a small town. It has the major chain stores and restaurants. Even has a mall, so the Mrs will be able to buy just about anything she wants. Plenty of hardware stores. Between Springfield and Joplin is where most people go to do anything or to find work.

Weather is broken down by I44. It follows 3 paths, north of I44, south of I44, or right down I44. This area gets about 3 major snows a year. Tornadoes come and go, but the siren usually goes off once a month between March and Nov. Most tornadoes are just radar indicated.

Conservatives live in the cities, democrats congregate in the cities.
Check out post #42

Dont forget there is great cruising, especially Rt 66 if you are into a little history and Joplin and Springfield have car cruises and shows regularly. And if you are into fishing and boating, Table Rock, Bull Shoals, Norfork, Taneycomo and Beaver lakes are close by. Crystal clear water, too.

Update!

I liked Joplin, Monett and Neosho. The Dr was very nice and his offices were nice, but I am not taking the job with him or moving to Joplin...

I'm moving to Springfield Missouri at the end of June!!!! I met with another Dr there and it's the perfect fit for me... they were amazing... except for the fact that I was given just a touch of I'll advice which caused me to miss my flight back to Vegas from Springfield... with my graduation tomorrow....

600 dollars later, I'm in Kansas City Airport taking a flight back to Las Vegas and will be home tonight at 12pm to make my graduation Tomorrow!

My view from dinner in Branson Missouri last night!

20210513_202003.jpg

20210513_194035.jpg

Springfield is a really nice town. You will like it. Check out Lamberts for lunch. Close to lots of cool stuff. Branson is a great family get away. The only real bummer about southern Missouri is that it doesn’t have a major airport.

Springfield is a really nice town. You will like it. Check out Lamberts for lunch. Close to lots of cool stuff. Branson is a great family get away. The only real bummer about southern Missouri is that it doesn’t have a major airport.

It has the Springfield Airport. Direct flights every Monday and Friday to Las Vegas, that's all we need lol.

I agree, you'll like Springfield. I lived there during college and it is a big hot rod town. They used to have the Street Machine Nationals there and lots of cruising action. Like mentioned before, there's a BIG automotive swap meet there every year. You'll learn to love cashew chicken, I miss it daily.

Congrats and I hope you made your graduation ceremony.

Leaving Vegas on Sunday. 26ft Uhaul with a flat bed trailer to pull the beauty queen Penelope... we are pretty much all packed up and now just cleaning before the move out. Oh and I'm selling my green jeep and will daily (?) The dart for a month or so after getting out there, the office is not to far...

In Springfield we have a 3 car garage... so I'm going to need another one of these to fill the extra space up...

20210614_183015.jpg

You can't swing a dead cat and not hit an old Mopar around Springfield! Unless all the Yanks have bought them all!
Nope too cheap to pay shipping usually!

Leaving Vegas on Sunday. 26ft Uhaul with a flat bed trailer to pull the beauty queen Penelope... we are pretty much all packed up and now just cleaning before the move out. Oh and I'm selling my green jeep and will daily (?) The dart for a month or so after getting out there, the office is not to far...

In Springfield we have a 3 car garage... so I'm going to need another one of these to fill the extra space up...

View attachment 1715751730
Welcome to MO
You will enjoy Springfield a lot things to do there.
The Route 66 festival in August is a good car event.
Join the Route 66 car club to keep up on all the car events.
When time allows come visit us in Lake of the Ozarks.

View attachment 1715751730
Congratulations! Good luck with the move! Thats cool your gonna daily drive the dart!

Congratulations! Good luck with the move! Thats cool your gonna daily drive the dart!

I dont have much choice lol, I don't want to pay to bring the jeep out and want to eventually get a truck.

I'm definitely going to have to get the back window rollers fixed, that way I can roll them up properly and not get rain all in the car.

You can't swing a dead cat and not hit an old Mopar around Springfield! Unless all the Yanks have bought them all!

I hope they didn't buy them all! I actually saw an old 70+ dart driving around last time I was in Missouri.

Welcome to MO
You will enjoy Springfield a lot things to do there.
The Route 66 festival in August is a good car event.
Join the Route 66 car club to keep up on all the car events.
When time allows come visit us in Lake of the Ozarks.

My classmate is going to work in an office in the lake of the Ozarks, so I'm sure I'll spend some time up there!

I'm going to need to find someone around Springfield to start picking their brains on how to work on these old beasts. Also where to find the mopar hoards... and maybe clubs as well.

That was just wrong. lol

I hope they didn't buy them all! I actually saw an old 70+ dart driving around last time I was in Missouri.

My classmate is going to work in an office in the lake of the Ozarks, so I'm sure I'll spend some time up there!

I'm going to need to find someone around Springfield to start picking their brains on how to work on these old beasts. Also where to find the mopar hoards... and maybe clubs as well.
I lost all my numbers when my old cell crashed.
I used to see more people driving their old cars daily a few years ago, but SW Mo is a huge car area.
Big general swap in Aug at fairgrounds.
The Route 66 deal in Aug.
Used to be the largest Mopar yard and collection of hemi and six pac cars at Ron Slobe's (R and R) , nearAurora. Ron pasted 15years ago and the yard and collection later sold.
The area is full of Mopar lovers.
Google Clay and Sons, just SW a ways out of St/ Louis, I bet one of the largest Mopar yards in the US and always have some projects up front for sale. Great guys!
Brent Nipper up near Buffalo
Ronny Hendly near Mt Vernon, just to name a couple.
A bud (Jack Westmoreland) started the Rt 66 Mopar club maybe 20 years ago. They have a spring show in Branson.
Lake of Ozarks is cool area and as is the lakes South of Branson. Big collector car sale in Branson.

Ckeck out activity at Mo Kan dragstrip (1/4 mi) ALL Mopar deal in the spring, also old hot rod deal too. It is in the country, about 30 mi N of Joplin.
Out where the locals use possums for watchdogs!

I used to work in Joplin, Missouri and live in Carl Junction. Later I moved to Miami, Oklahoma and then to Pittsburg, Kansas, but always frequented MoKan dragway in Asbury, Missouri which is north west of Joplin. I left one of my favorite 65 barracudas in Joplin, Missouri in 1999 when I moved out of the state. Good memories in bad memories there, unfortunately I got hit and run over by a car there in 1988 that paralyzed me for life. I used to drag race at MoKan with hand controls in my cars. Wheelchair left in the pitts.

When the snow piled up in the UP they used to send us for weeks to do inventory on the Mark Twain. We worked from Branson to Rolla to Poplar Bluff and all along the Arkansan border. Great country, hope ya'll are happy there. I'll have to look you up if I'm ever back in that neck of the woods.... I haven't seen a dentist in 7 or 8 years!

Flight is booked! I'll be flying into Springfield on the 10th of May and flying out on the 14th. So the first 2 days I'll be in the Joplin area (Webb city, Monett and Neosho) then I'll spend the last days in Springfield before flying back to Las Vegas.

Missouri is #1 on my list of places to move to and work.. followed by Las Vegas, then South Dakota and Eastern Washington State.

The worst part will be moving... I have no clue how I will move my whole house and transport my cars... especially the princesses Dart.

View attachment 1715728089

View attachment 1715728090

View attachment 1715728091

View attachment 1715728092

Gatdamn that's a pretty color!

I dont have much choice lol, I don't want to pay to bring the jeep out and want to eventually get a truck.

I'm definitely going to have to get the back window rollers fixed, that way I can roll them up properly and not get rain all in the car.

Get your AC running too. Humidity is a *****.

I lost all my numbers when my old cell crashed.
I used to see more people driving their old cars daily a few years ago, but SW Mo is a huge car area.
Big general swap in Aug at fairgrounds.
The Route 66 deal in Aug.
Used to be the largest Mopar yard and collection of hemi and six pac cars at Ron Slobe's (R and R) , nearAurora. Ron pasted 15years ago and the yard and collection later sold.
The area is full of Mopar lovers.
Google Clay and Sons, just SW a ways out of St/ Louis, I bet one of the largest Mopar yards in the US and always have some projects up front for sale. Great guys!
Brent Nipper up near Buffalo
Ronny Hendly near Mt Vernon, just to name a couple.
A bud (Jack Westmoreland) started the Rt 66 Mopar club maybe 20 years ago. They have a spring show in Branson.
Lake of Ozarks is cool area and as is the lakes South of Branson. Big collector car sale in Branson.

Ckeck out activity at Mo Kan dragstrip (1/4 mi) ALL Mopar deal in the spring, also old hot rod deal too. It is in the country, about 30 mi N of Joplin.
Out where the locals use possums for watchdogs!

Too bad for the OP that he didn't get to make it out to that MONSTER Mopar salvage yard (R+R) in Aurora. World's largest! (Past tense)

Gatdamn that's a pretty color!

Get your AC running too. Humidity is a *****.

Too bad for the OP that he didn't get to make it out to that MONSTER Mopar salvage yard (R+R) in Aurora. World's largest! (Past tense)

Thanks on the color, I have no clue what color it is. At times it looks purple and other times it looks blue.
Yes AC is on the menu coming soon to a dart near me...

-
Back