JPEG IMAGES

-

CFD244

"I LOST MY ID IN A FLOOD"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks

I've noticed on a few occasions that photos on some threads are listed in JPEG file name form. For some reason I cannot access them. When they are blue in color, it says I am not authorized, and when they are black, nothing happens when I click them. Am I doing something wrong? Will my computer not do it? I access this site by PC only.

Thanks for your help
Troy

It's a Canadian thing.

I'm kidding I have no clue. The best thing I ever did for computers was pay for my kids degree in computer programing. It may have cost me a bunch on the front end. But I'm getting it back little by little.

Edit: The wife says computer science, Sweetheart.

WHATEVER!!!!!

Hi Folks

I've noticed on a few occasions that photos on some threads are listed in JPEG file name form. For some reason I cannot access them. When they are blue in color, it says I am not authorized, and when they are black, nothing happens when I click them. Am I doing something wrong? Will my computer not do it? I access this site by PC only.

Thanks for your help
Troy

Can you post a thread link?

It may be that they are links to photos that were once on Photobucket and are no longer accessible.

Hi Folks

Thanks for your help
Troy
Yup, an example would be great. Post a link from here.

If it is what I think you are talking about, jpeg images sometimes work here but posting images directly to the "upload photos" feature works better instead. (as long as you images aren't memory pigs) and way too big or high resolution. If you get a message that your images are too large or the site can't upload them, go to "Paint" or other sites on the net and reduce the size of the image. If FABO would allow absolutely any size image, Joey would need a 100 gazillion byte server. LOL

So here is the thread I was looking at.........[SOLD] - 70 DUSTER “Semi-Survivor” 318/B5 Early Low Option Car

The pic is a screen shot of what I see for pictures.

Screenshot (24).png

Last edited:
CF how fast/ reliable is your internet connection? Are you sure they just did not need time to load? How "modern" is the machinery you are using to access the internet?

CF how fast/ reliable is your internet connection? Are you sure they just did not need time to load? How "modern" is the machinery you are using to access the internet?
I think that you may be on to something. I live rural, and am on satellite internet. It can be a challenge at times even though it costs $100 bucks a month (It's the best we have out here)......I walked away from the computer for a few minutes, and some of the pics started opening. It is Saturday night, maybe lots of traffic.

IMG_4629.JPG

I think that you may be on to something. I live rural, and am on satellite internet. It can be a challenge at times even though it costs $100 bucks a month (It's the best we have out here)......I walked away from the computer for a few minutes, and some of the pics started opening. It is Saturday night, maybe lots of traffic.

quite possible -- for me the photos auto load.

View attachment 1715689543

ha, u oughta be on a 3 megabite , neanderthol wire running up the creek, =ATT

I can see in your tabs that you have several open email and web pages, since these are dynamic and always updating the content they are essentially hogging bandwidth. I have a fairly fast laptop with 16g of ram and I still get some lag. As a test log out of everything and reboot then log into FABO only. This allows more bandwidth. Let us know how it goes.

-
Back