memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have 67.000 miles on this 170/6 and 3.23 gear with 215/70 14'' radial tires
All I have dun to this 66 valiant was added mopar electronic ignition
A offey four barrel intake with a 390 Holley
As you can see I did not rev and dump the clutch and buy the time I got to the white truck on my left I was at 46 mph.. bone stock block, cam..never be
tore in to for anything, I have a passenger with me

Throttle and clutch about at the same time shifted to 2nd gear at 4700 rpm.
Cruising speed at 60 mph my rpm's ar at 2.550 rpms.

a fellow member ask me to post this up

widows was down, wind noise , I hope you enjoy and have a great new year

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-CQmR999Uo"]Memike2010 fun 022.avi - YouTube[/ame]

She sure dose Steve and thank you, I am enjoying my daily cruises, well not lately:D

She is snowed in :happy1: But the sun is popped out today so it won't be long know :cheers:

Attachments

• first snow on Chrsitmas 12 028.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 463
Very nice mike. She runs great and you could even screach the tires WOW

I rarely do that but yes she can brake these 14'' radial tire loose
She ran a 11.27 1/8 mile last year, not bad for a little bitty /170 kitty :D

When your ready Mike send it....You wont believe what a little re-curving will do.
PM me if interested.

Attachments

• IMAG0192.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 424
Cool video Mike, she sounds good too! Your in-car video is a little different than mine :glasses7:

Victoria sounds nice too!!!
Thank you I could have ran true dual exhaust but elected not to
She is nice and quit running 2 ta 1 to a stock V8 muffler, I had some great help on that call (thank you CharrleyS) and she sounds and operates great :happy2:

When your ready Mike send it....You wont believe what a little re-curving will do.
PM me if interested.
I sure will Johnny, one day, and thank you for all you have dun for me already my California friend she is very user friendly and when I make that move you will be the first one to know :happy1:

Thanks for the ride Mike, '66 Mopar's finest.
Well thank you :D I am so glad you got the door latch taken care on you Monaco :cheers:

She has been trouble free for 15.000 miles and 2 years know

Attachments

• Speep%20056.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 391
  • Duals%20all%20HOOKED%20UP%20033.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 397
See, a 170 CAN get out of its own way! Johnny, sure would like to get JollyRaj's running like that on a 1bbl.

Using these plugs and taking the potato out of the exhaust helped allot Pishta, I am sure it likes the 30 to 100 degree air it is feed also, I see where you are having problems
with a 170 of a friend.

Attachments

• Picture%20222%20009.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 376
  • June%2520third%25202010%2520helping%2520Creed%2520Clean%2520My%2520Closet%2520area%2520OUT!%2520.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 359
thats impressive to be able to shift so rapidly and precisely on the column.

i dont have the arm reflex for on the column ....my 72 swinger special was 3 on the tree and i drove it like that for the first 2 months i had the car and i grinded a lot of grear and went into reverse when i wasnt supposed to.

i ended up swapping it to 4 on the floor

but thats impressive you can not only drive 3 on the tree properly ....its also impressive that you kept the 3 on tree ....which is truely a dieing breed.

thats impressive to be able to shift so rapidly and precisely on the column.

i dont have the arm reflex for on the column ....my 72 swinger special was 3 on the tree and i drove it like that for the first 2 months i had the car and i grinded a lot of grear and went into reverse when i wasnt supposed to.

i ended up swapping it to 4 on the floor

but thats impressive you can not only drive 3 on the tree properly ....its also impressive that you kept the 3 on tree ....which is truely a dieing breed.
Thank you Rani, I was raised on these tree shifters and Victoria is very smooth and makes it easy for me, My tail shaft is not made for a floor shifter
and like you said it is a dieing breed of a shifter, some times that is the first thing folks say (Wow it's got 3 on the tree) or dads or I have to explain why the shifter is there and it's not an automatic
Thank you, she is an extension of my own body (Victoria)= my 66 Sedan

Thank you Rani, I was raised on these tree shifters and Victoria is very smooth and makes it easy for me, My tail shaft is not made for a floor shifter
and like you said it is a dieing breed of a shifter, some times that is the first thing folks say (Wow it's got 3 on the tree) or dads or I have to explain why the shifter is there and it's not an automatic
Thank you, she is an extension of my own body (Victoria)= my 66 Sedan

you must have a top loader "745" three speed. if you ever want to go floor shift ....which i would say not to but your choice ....i have a few of the later "230" 3 speed model that has the floor shift tailshaft, plus the 230 is a bit tougher, its a side loader mini 833. just options to keep in mind.....even though Victoria is just great as-is.

a car you truely drive is an extension of your limbs ......thats if you truely driving the car and listening to it.......ever since i changed Natasha over i have been bonding more with her. :toothy8: we still have a lot of work to be done

Attachments

• CIMG1757.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 402
Mike is the "Ronnie Sox" of the 3 on the tree !!!! :burnout: :D

this is true .......just bcoz a car has a 3 or 4 speed in it....dont mean the owner/driver knows how to truely drive it....

i have seen countless guys swap a 4 speed into their ride and they still have no clue how to truely drive it ......sure they can get the car propelled forward and backwards with it but they dont know how to listen to it and become one with it.

same is true to a degree with an auto trans ....you can put it in "D" and magically move foward or you can tune it and really drive it.

We had a 3 or 4 on the tree in a old Ford van with a 302, slushbox! And never could get a good shift in under about a second....cool

Great video Mike!! man.....I need to make more of those!
I need to see if I can dig up the one of the slant drag car of mine.

Great video Mike!! man.....I need to make more of those!
I need to see if I can dig up the one of the slant drag car of mine.

I have seen a few of yours Kidd, post a couple up here so we can see what your /6 can do , Thank you and Looks like The snow is out of here and melted down, a sunny Friday cruise is due for me.

Less is more in my case, keep the little 7 1/4 until I Finnish up a 225 block
and put my new shaved 40k head with stainless big valves
It's great to hear from you this sunny day

Attachments

• MADE IT TO WORK 024.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 315
  • MADE IT TO WORK 026.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 313
  • Picture%20222%20124.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 294
Great video, Mike.
I'm not sure i would have the guts to manhandle that brute like you do.
Ronnie Sox was Mr. 4 speed, move over..... now we have Memike, Mr. 3 speed.

Great video, Mike.
I'm not sure i would have the guts to manhandle that brute like you do.
Ronnie Sox was Mr. 4 speed, move over..... now we have Memike, Mr. 3 speed.
lmao Dartnut I guess when I do a video of me on the track
this year I will get a new user name Thank you but I am sure all the old farts here can do as well if not better :happy1: (maybe) :D

Nice video Mike! Like you I learned how to drive with a three on the tree. It was a 53 ford pick up. Latter in life my Dad had a Bronco with a 302 and a three on the tree in it. I had it out and was throwing power shifts in it to show off and pulled the shifter out of the column.
I was sure scared to tell my Dad what i did, but all he said was "Oh I did the same thing a while back"

-
Back