Just a sexy little thing!

-

Cope

Fusing with fire
Reaction score
This came by today.

I know some wont like it but I've always had a soft spot for these cars. They are so exotic looking and I like how small they are.
And Dam its gotta be fun in the turns!

20190514_144921_zps8zldqjyp.jpg

20190514_144859_zpstps3bx94.jpg

20190514_144832_zps7xmrnscj.jpg

20190514_144930_zps2pyyfbhy.jpg

It's a young kid who owns it. Was his screen saver for years and now hes at a place where he could afford it so he flew to Washington bought it and drove it home.

Man I dig it!

Very Cool! I like all performance cars and that is definitely one!

That is super cool! I always respect a car company that can get so much out of four cylinders.

I like it!! I dont think I'd pay for one but most definitely interesting and easy on the eyes!

I had a co-worker that loved Lotus 7, he at quite a few of them, aluminum body open wheel, street legal cars.
He took me for a ride in one, for a 50 year old car, he scared the crap out of me in the turns, it was unreal how hard it would take a corner.
He also races them in vintage track car class.
That old 60's Lotus would hold a turn, on extremely skinny tires.

Someone up in Campbellsville KY. Has a orange one, when I saw it I thought it was so cool. I didn't know what it was so I followed it to the shopping center just to see, when I saw Lotus on it I thought, dang somebody's got some money.:)

Damn, that's cool. I fell in love with the Lotus before I could even drive. Espirit, around 1977

280px-Lotus_Esprit_S1_1977_Fed.jpg

Someone up in Campbellsville KY. Has a orange one, when I saw it I thought it was so cool. I didn't know what it was so I followed it to the shopping center just to see, when I saw Lotus on it I thought, dang somebody's got some money.:)

You can actually grab a brand new one for under 100k I believe. Much more than I can afford but they really aren’t as expensive as people think.

You can actually grab a brand new one for under 100k I believe. Much more than I can afford but they really aren’t as expensive as people think.
That's only about the price of a starter home

You didnt get in it did you ?
Your love affair might have ended right then and there when you attempted to get back out ! lol. I have driven them and yes they are like go karts.
Back in late 99...early 2000s a import company that was distributing Lotus Elise's here in the U.S. The tiny Euro 4 cyl would not pass EPA or the U.S buyers standards for power. So they installed Acura Integra Type R motors ..IIRC.. those motors were shipped to our lead tech up in Boise and he would modify them and build wiring harnesses for them. I remember seeing the crates come in.
The cars only weighed around 1600 lbs and the motors were 190 hp with 8500+ redlines. Not bad !

I had customer back then that had an Elise with a 3 rotor Wankle in one as well.

I thought they had toyora mr-2 motors...

To me exotics have all become the same, except for cars like the Lotus and some Porsches. Even the Corvette is apparently moving to a mid-engine platform so it'll be "just another supercar".

I'd love to test drive one or at least sit in one if only to see how my 6'1" (but skinny) body fits in that little thing. I sat in an early-2000s Mazda Miata and it was barely roomy enough, my legs were a bit cramped (I have a 34" inseam). Definitely couldn't drive that thing on the freeway for more than an hour although my friend who owns it loves it to death and thinks it's the best car ever (yeah ok buddy... LOL)

There is a reason my steering wheel comes off and lays on the dash! Nuff said!
But what I wouldn't give to take a little spin in one of those. They would have to coat me in crisco to get me out tho!
If I were to test drive one, you might as well snip the roof of with the jaws of life...that car would be totalled by the time i was done with it anyway

705 hp... rear engine... rear wheel drive

Recipe for disaster ! Hard to train yourself to stay on the throttle when ( not if..) the back end starts to come around !

Awesome color on this one !
20190518_153632.jpg

The owner is a good friend of Top Fuel driver Jack Beckman... Jack ran it at the strip last year during the Nightfire Nats and ran 11.7 ET @ 140ish mph ! Not bad for a car that wasnt designed for the 1/4... Outran the Hellcat their that day.

-
Back