Just got a 69 'Cuda A57 383 4spd

-
That looks like a cool car! I'm the low baller on the board but I would say the value maybe between $7,000 to $12,000 if the paper work is in order. Build sheet, fender tag, title, most of the original engine parts are there. I have a 68 and trying to put them back stock really cost a lot of money if parts are missing.
iam not hem but any 383 is worth with a new block and a new engine worth 50.k. i have 2 both 383 but i found out 440 cars and the exhaust r worth as a pair 7000.00 for sure. we have no 440 cars. Do we

iam not hem but any 383 is worth with a new block and a new engine worth 50.k. i have 2 both 383 but i found out 440 cars and the exhaust r worth as a pair 7000.00 for sure. we have no 440 cars. Do we

with all due respect, if a 383 69 Barracuda is worth $50k unrestored, i've got one all original numbers matching that i'd sell you for that price. on the East Coast and South, i've seen 67,68,69 383 Cudas going for between $26-35k. i've got an original 69 M-Code 440 Cuda and while those cars are very rare, you can still buy one of those for around $50k.

saw an m code for sale for qay taller numbers than that 50k . oh course it was green met , maybe thats a rare color on m codes , but it was the color all three of my 69 340 gts's were , lol .

saw an m code for sale for qay taller numbers than that 50k . oh course it was green met , maybe thats a rare color on m codes , but it was the color all three of my 69 340 gts's were , lol .

yes, a real M-Code 69 Cuda if restored can sell for between $60-$75k. however, i have seen "decent" cars that needed restored but were all there in the $30-$40k range. 67-69 Barracudas just are not worth as much as the E body 70-71 Cudas and Challengers.

I've owned a non-running 69 Cuda 383 4-speed fastback for quite a few years now. Was gonna restore it, but got sidetracked by other projects. Have build sheet and original fender tag. Numbers matching engine (apart for now, but complete) and transmission, original shifter, bellhousing, hood scoops, radiator and rear end (3.23 open). Front drums have been replaced by SBP discs. Originally an Iowa car. Floors and trunk floor are solid as a rock, but it has the usual rust in the lower rear quarters just ahead of and just behind the wheel wells. Front fenders, inner fenders and front hood inner lip were seriously rusty, and it also had rust through in the inner wall of the passenger side frame rail next to the k frame. I've replaced the hood, fenders and inner fenders and patched the frame rail. I also have a NOS frame rail. Been garaged for the last 30 years. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it, as I have too much stuff, too little time and not quite enough money to do everything I would like to do.

front.jpg
rear.jpg

engine compartment.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back