Just got this 68 dart

-

604B1duster

Reaction score
Bought this today, it has a 505 wedge, 727, 4.10 Dana mini tubbed with ladder bar coil over. Ran a best of 9.70 at 138. It will be getting a crossram hemi. It has Gary Ball super stock seats and brackets

20D0EE64-F515-44E4-99DF-1FFD28339F89.jpeg

Last edited:
Very cool :) Feel free to send that 505 up here for storage

Very nice, wish my 70' Dart was that straight. Can't wait to see that crossram Hemi in there, but that 505 isn't no slouch.

Thanks guys, I’m pretty happy with.
I may take it to the track in a few months to see how it runs. I already have a hemi K frame and most of the parts to build a nice pump gas stroker hemi with stage V heads and mag X ram. Will have to fix inner fenders, clearance r/s shock tower area and paint engine compartment to match. Building it to cruise and go to local car shows. It needs a dash pad, and some other stuff but should turn out pretty nice. Will probably end up removing all the emblems and having the glass front fenders reworked at the doors, the gaps are way off. Hopefully blend all in nice, its base, clear coat.

If you would like to open up the rear wheel wells like on the original Hemi Darts I have real nice templates to do so. Just let me know.

SHHHHHHHHH! ,(looks around)(whispers) man you can't go around admitting you bought a 9 second car....are you a Chevy guy or sumthin?
lol, seriously GRATZ!!!!

Wow!! Congratulations from a Northeast Arkansas member

That’s a great car to start with. The hemi is a fun challenge. Right side shock tower rework and master cylinder up and over. Looking froward to following along.

I originally wanted to build a clone but now I’m just thinking nice street machine.
I might even replace the glass fenders with nice original ones. I may see if I can change the GT to GTS on fenders and trunk lid and put a 426 Hemi emblem on the fenders instead of the V8 for a temporary fix until I swap fenders. What do you guys think ? Thanks

93352EF8-124E-4E9A-9AFF-CF3135C04ABC.png

Last edited:
I think that if it were me I’d keep the glass fenders, build the gaps right on them and remove the GT emblems. You could decal the scoop if there’s a hemi under the hood. Just my $.02, it looks good as it is now too, nothing wrong with that healthy wedge neither.

Ok I might go that way with the fenders, but the 505 is coming out and Hemi is going in. I was thinking of adding the white side stripe, so a white HEMI on the scoop would look sharp

Ok I might go that way with the fenders, but the 505 is coming out and Hemi is going in. I was thinking of adding the white side stripe, so a white HEMI on the scoop would look sharp
yup there’s just somethin bout a Hemi in a Dart

EF6A2CDE-6BE2-4E94-8DC1-09CAA429D03B.jpeg

I heard that having a 68 dart automatically grants access to heaven, here and there!

-
Back