Just had back surgery

-

J-MacsMopars

Shade Tree Vintage Auto on YouTube
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just got home yesterday from having back surgery. Overall, I feel much better. They told me that part of my disk had actually broke off and was floating around bouncing on the nerves, not good. But I am healing now. I have a few things that I was supposed to send out rite before surgery that didn't get sent, bear with me a little and I will get them sent asap. Thanks everyone. later

Great news, glad you had it done, hopefully you heal fast and feel a lot better!!! :glasses7:

Wonderin what happened to you Jeremy. I know you were apprehensive. Prayin for a full recovery, cause I know how much you just love layin around the house. lol

Glad to here surgery went well. I had lower back surgery in 1992 blown disc L4-L5. I will warn you they did not fix you back only relieved the pain on the nerve. You will always have a bad back so be aware and think before you bend or twist. I strongly advise physical therapy to get abbs strong to help support your back. Good luck with recovery.

I'm glad to hear you are on the mend Jeremy! I hope you will be back on the hunt for those rare and elusive cars in no time. Take care!

ok, I've had 2 Back Surgeries in 2 years. (L4/L5 laminectomy/microdiscetomy then L4/L5 L3/L4) i want to be very honest with you. my Last was About 14 Months Ago and i Feel Fantastic, a good 90-95 %. I'll Never be 100 But I'm Glad Where i am and i thank god every day that i wake up and feel this way. my advice is lay in a recliner, walk around every hour, even if its only for 5 minutes. and this is very important. in about 2-3 weeks you are going to feel excellent, i mean really good. at this point you need to remember that you just had Surgery. DO NOT DO ANYTHING. Don't Lift Anything, Don't Go Playing Football, Dont Move A WheelBarrel, Don't Change a Tire. Seriously, This is why i believe i had 2 surgeries. You're total healing time is Probably 6 weeks. take care of Yourself And You'll be Just fine. make sure you go to PT in about 3 weeks and do what they tell you. when you're done with that, you'll Be Glad You Did it. i Wish You a Full Recovery!

I bet you are glad they found it, and it's behind you know :cheers:
Did you loose feeling in one of the legs now and then or your hand go num.
sometimes....... So glad to see you back and this is behind you
Prayers for a good fast recovery,,,, do what the doc's say to do and don't let anything spook you and make you jump ..:eek:ops: Take it slow and move smart :glasses7:

Glad to hear you they found the problem with your back Jeremy.Hope your a quick healer and back out and about soon.Take er easy.:D

Wish you the best bud. I've had 2 back surgeries and as 67Cuda said they aren't really fixing you like new, just patching you up so be careful from now on out or you may have more trouble with it again. Once your healed up try to take 20-30 minutes every morning to do some stretches and abdominal muscle strengthening exercises. Guarantee you it'll go a long way on keeping the back in good shape. I get lazy (or just don't take time) every once in a while and miss a morning or 2 exercising and I sure can tell it.

Ouch....glad it went well. Docs are saying surgery is the only hope for me (lumbar spinal stenosis) but I am going to hold off. Neighbor had the surgery to correct it.....8 months later the surgery area had closed back in again on his spine causing the same damn problem...

ok, I've had 2 Back Surgeries in 2 years. (L4/L5 laminectomy/microdiscetomy then L4/L5 L3/L4) i want to be very honest with you. my Last was About 14 Months Ago and i Feel Fantastic, a good 90-95 %. I'll Never be 100 But I'm Glad Where i am and i thank god every day that i wake up and feel this way. my advice is lay in a recliner, walk around every hour, even if its only for 5 minutes. and this is very important. in about 2-3 weeks you are going to feel excellent, i mean really good. at this point you need to remember that you just had Surgery. DO NOT DO ANYTHING. Don't Lift Anything, Don't Go Playing Football, Dont Move A WheelBarrel, Don't Change a Tire. Seriously, This is why i believe i had 2 surgeries. You're total healing time is Probably 6 weeks. take care of Yourself And You'll be Just fine. make sure you go to PT in about 3 weeks and do what they tell you. when you're done with that, you'll Be Glad You Did it. i Wish You a Full Recovery!

X2 When you're young you think you're invincible and maybe cut corners on your Doc's advice, don't do it.

Thanks for the support all. It has been painful and I can't wait to be back to normal. I hate this.

Glad to here surgery went well. I had lower back surgery in 1992 blown disc L4-L5. I will warn you they did not fix you back only relieved the pain on the nerve. You will always have a bad back so be aware and think before you bend or twist. I strongly advise physical therapy to get abbs strong to help support your back. Good luck with recovery.

I was also told no real fix to my back just some pain relief. I had L3-L4-L5 fused and was told I would forever have the bad back and it was true but it is much better than what I was living with. Do what the Dr. and take care of yourself and I hope you have a good outcome.

J-Mac, you've had your fair share of ups and downs over the past year or so, I hope all goes well now that you had your back surgery. Bill S.

Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Just an update, I had my first followup today and the doctor today and he is very impressed. I have the feeling back in my left leg (I had lost it prior to surgery) and I have strength back in my legs. I can walk on my tip toes and what not and have good signs of progress. I can't wait to get back to work. It will still be another week to 10 days before I can start physical therapy and he told me I still will not be back to work till at least August. Kind of sucks, but at least I can see the end... :)

Light at the end of the tunnel. Yeah.

Please Read my Earlier Post About What To Not Do. Here's To Wishing You Well!

-
Back